No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mosley: Pacquiao's Power Could Be Key With Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Yeah it's a real shame that people want to see the biggest fight of this generation happen....Floyd fans would rather see him coast to a 49-0 record then proclaim him to be the GOAT....laughable. .
    No. floyd fans would rather manny have accepted the fight in 2009 or before floyd went to th bing or the $40 mil, no ppv offer so we wouldn't have to hear from Pac fans.

Comment

Can you imagine the fear factor for Floyd? He will be facing his worse nightmare. Floyd just might be a deer in headlights when staring across the ring from Many, a sitting duck.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        He can do it against guys that can't move. But he hasn't shown that he can do it and get a KO with guys that move a lot.

Manny style depends on guys coming to him, his speed advantage, and their lack of defense/movement. He wont have any of these in with floyd.

I will not say Shane is wrong, but I still think floyd's reach and ability to fight from a distance is the key. Thats the best way to make Manny's power advantage a non factor.
        So name me one fighter where PAC didn't or couldn't cut the ring off besides Mosley?? I'm not saying PAC is this master technician boxing expert but u guys are putting too much thoughts into the whole "cutting the ring off" thing. PAC shows that he can cut the ring off when he chooses too, why he doesn't do it often who knows thats something only manny can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
          Sad that this thread will get more posts than Bradley vs Pacquiao...you know the fight that's actually scheduled in two months. Just goes to show how obsessed Pacquiao fans are with Mayweather.
          Fans are just impatient for the highest paid athlete in the world to step up to the damn plate.
          Pac's PPV numbers will excel against Bradley while 'Money' will see a decline against the undeserving Khan.
          The tables are once again turning in favor of Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by isidius View Post
            Well yeah that's what I meant, but only those with come forward styles end with busted up faces.
            So I guess Marquez is a come foward style now too? Lmao!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
              Sad that this thread will get more posts than Bradley vs Pacquiao...you know the fight that's actually scheduled in two months. Just goes to show how obsessed Pacquiao fans are with Mayweather.
              Fans are just impatient for the highest paid athlete in the world to step up to the damn plate.
              Pac's PPV numbers will excel against Bradley while 'Money' will see a decline against the undeserving Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                It's the southpaw stance that has the gayweathers running chicken **** actually
                Im not a pacquiao fan but no doubt manny has power; i mean saying he doesnt is just plain dishonnest and this is coming from a mayweather fan. Now does that mean its gonna matter if he fights Floyd ? absolutely not !!! remember Floyd answer when reporters kept asking him over and over if he was worried about canelo power. Floyd laughed and said '' who is he gonna be hitting with all that power you talking about '' and kept laughing. he wasnt concerned about that power at all. The thing with Floyd is very simple; just as much as broner was saying 2 days ago that people have to understand you get hit by punches you dont see ( by the way that showed broner inexperience. he got hit by the same ****ing punch allnight long i mean allnight and he out there talking about punches you dont see when he got hurt by the same punch allnight that just dumb neways ) Floyd almost anticipate every single punch that is thrown at him. its very very rare to see him suprised by a punch so that kinda take away some of the steam in his opponent punches; remember the punch that hurts a boxer the most is the 1 that he doesnt see coming and that is something that almost never happen to Floyd. so manny power would not really matter with Floyd. you cant beat Floyd with power. its has to be skills or a combination of both. with only power you have no chance.
                Now as far as Floyd's power, he just have enough to make people respect him enough to not try to walk through him and of course if you running into him like hatton did or pacquiao does very often he can Knock you out with a well time left hook or right hook. just like marquez did but there have to be some momentum. neither marquez or Floyd can Knock a decent 147 pounder out without any momentum. they just dont have that kinda power but if you running into them and they time you right of course they can Knock you out. that exactly what marquez did to pac and what mayweather also did to hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  No. floyd fans would rather manny have accepted the fight in 2009 or before floyd went to th bing or the $40 mil, no ppv offer so we wouldn't have to hear from Pac fans.
                  All Floyd should say at this point is "I'm fighting the winner of Pacquiao/Bradley in september"
                  All the s*** he talks never adds up to anything but fights against over matched nobody's.... Good for him I guess the 2 best Welters fight for Bob Arum..Easy way out....

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
                    Lol how are you serious they going to piggy back off each other to sell their upcoming fights i hope both fights tank honestly 5 years of this bs is to long

Comment

Originally posted by leericists View Post
                      Im not a pacquiao fan but no doubt manny has power; i mean saying he doesnt is just plain dishonnest and this is coming from a mayweather fan. Now does that mean its gonna matter if he fights Floyd ? absolutely not !!! remember Floyd answer when reporters kept asking him over and over if he was worried about canelo power. Floyd laughed and said '' who is he gonna be hitting with all that power you talking about '' and kept laughing. he wasnt concerned about that power at all. The thing with Floyd is very simple; just as much as broner was saying 2 days ago that people have to understand you get hit by punches you dont see ( by the way that showed broner inexperience. he got hit by the same ****ing punch allnight long i mean allnight and he out there talking about punches you dont see when he got hurt by the same punch allnight that just dumb neways ) Floyd almost anticipate every single punch that is thrown at him. its very very rare to see him suprised by a punch so that kinda take away some of the steam in his opponent punches; remember the punch that hurts a boxer the most is the 1 that he doesnt see coming and that is something that almost never happen to Floyd. so manny power would not really matter with Floyd. you cant beat Floyd with power. its has to be skills or a combination of both. with only power you have no chance.
                      Now as far as Floyd's power, he just have enough to make people respect him enough to not try to walk through him and of course if you running into him like hatton did or pacquiao does very often he can Knock you out with a well time left hook or right hook. just like marquez did but there have to be some momentum. neither marquez or Floyd can Knock a decent 147 pounder out without any momentum. they just dont have that kinda power but if you running into them and they time you right of course they can Knock you out. that exactly what marquez did to pac and what mayweather also did to hatton.
                      Canelo doesn't even have good power. He was fighting guys that weren't even Jr.Middles and he couldn't hurt them. He's a decent fighter but so over rated because he's Mexican and he looks different.

Comment

Working...
                      X