No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mosley: Pacquiao's Power Could Be Key With Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Manny should learn how to cut off the ring better-don't blame the opponent for running.
    I think manny does that very well, it's just that his style depends more on his opponents coming to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Willthethrill View Post
      Lightweight rios? Dude was 160 on fight night lol
      I recall people here were making a big stink over Rios showing up on fight night as a JMW/154 in a LW/135 fight against Anthony Peterson, and that was back in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
        I think manny does that very well, it's just that his style depends more on his opponents coming to him.
        You think Manny cuts off the ring very well? REALLY? Go back and watch the Mosley fight again, then tell me what you think!

Comment

Mosley was in the ring with both Canelo and Mayweather and he said that Canelo had a good chance to win. I wouldn't put too much stock in his opinion, especially if it's giving Pac more than a 30% chance. A KO by Pac is out off the question! In fact, I don't know why it's even being discussed. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think Pac get by Bradley.

Comment

Pac dropped Mosley with a glazing punch while Mosley was backing up.
            Imagine if it landed flush while Mosley was coming forward.

I do agree with Mosley, Pac's power is unpredictable, and I don't even think Manny can replicate those hard punches if he tries. They just come out while he is in rhythm and when you don't see it coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
              He can do it against guys that can't move. But he hasn't shown that he can do it and get a KO with guys that move a lot.

Manny style depends on guys coming to him, his speed advantage, and their lack of defense/movement. He wont have any of these in with floyd.

I will not say Shane is wrong, but I still think floyd's reach and ability to fight from a distance is the key. Thats the best way to make Manny's power advantage a non factor.

Comment

Floyd also knows he is likely to get KTFO by Pacquiao, that is why he has ducked him for the last 5 years.

Comment

With Manny's mind set change, Pacquiao is much more likely to school Floyd rather than get the KO and when Floyd's feel the power he is much more likely to cover up and go into his shell just trying to finish on his feet like so many that have come before.

Comment

Originally posted by isidius View Post
                    Pacquiao will be hitting air all night long...he hasn't showed power since 5 years ago so yeah
                    Even the air would knock avoid out.

Void: My health come first.

Comment

To beat Pasquaio I think you have to be willing to trade with him like Marquez did in all their fights. If you run and try to pot shot him, you're gonna lose rounds because he throws 4-5 punch combinations.
                      Would Floyd be able to move and hit him with 1 or 2 punch combos all night and be able to avoid getting into a real war with him? Maybe, but I think at some point Manny would land some straight left hands and we'd see how Floyd reacts to it. He's not going to stand toe to toe because unlike all these recent guys Floyd has fought, Manny actually has great hand speed and hits from different angles..it would be a good fight just based on the different styles. People who compare Marquez and Floyds counter punching styles don't see the difference in their offensive output. Everyone who fights Manny looks like they've been in a war afterwards, win or lose...

Comment

Working...
                      X