Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward: Alvarez KO Humbled Kovalev, Made Him Listen To McGirt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    Money talks. Now that Kovalev has officially gained his paycheck let's see how the victim's team proceeds. The settlement could be non disclosed. Depending on the type of lawyers, for instance if they were to reference Floyd Mayweather Jr. who served time, the victim's party could take it further. Kovalev is advised not to talk about the incident. Truth is we don't know what he knows. How much is Kovalev willing to give up. Truth is we don't know the full details of the assault or who to blame?
    The truth is not knowing the full details never has stopped anyone before on NSB. Is what it is. I am just highlighting the disparity in poster reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      "pulling off a performance like that, with a court case that could land him in jail for years hanging over his head, took real guts and character."

Kov has guts and character for beating up a woman and then compartmentalizing the possible jail time and boxing at an elite level.

Imagine the backlash if I or another Floyd fan had said this about Floyd after the cotto fight or if someone had said this about Kobe after Colorado?.
      Well, I for a fact know the true Kobe story, which none of you guys know. This time I am not kidding around.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        Ward done it in the Kovalev fight. I will let you decide whether it was his black or white side that got beat in the first half of the fight and which side prospered in the second half of the fight. It’s the least I can do
        Did you know that Kovalev out threw Ward in 5 of the last 6 rounds and out landed Ward in 3 of the last 6 rounds and that includes power punches? Now.... if you want to automatically say he won the entire 2nd half of the fight, what do you have that supports that other than the judges garbage score cards?

Here's the real news for ya.......Ward got dropped and didn't win 7 rounds legitimately while not dropping Kovalev. That means he lost. Period.

Comment

The truth is not knowing the full details never has stopped anyone before on NSB. Is what it is. I am just highlighting the disparity in poster reaction.
          Sure there are double standards of course. Even Fury was criticized with his nominations after the Wilder fight where writers would bring up circumstances. Broner was public enemy #1 when he dissed a respected long time affiliate in Bernstein as well as his assault case too before the Pac fight. Why is that industry enjoys to troll the pressure for negative press on Broner when much of the Kovalev cases were absent? Meaning, writers could have made many articles in tangents with Kovale's career with new articles focusing on alcoholism etc..

But to Kovalev's defense. It's just hard to know his case. If a Pro boxer such as the Krusher really did in fact break a woman's nose I'd expect a huge fine. If in fact these things actually did happen under intoxication from alcohol, then he could serve some time imo.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
            Well, I for a fact know the true Kobe story, which none of you guys know. This time I am not kidding around.
            Ok well do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
              Sure there are double standards of course. Even Fury was criticized with his nominations after the Wilder fight where writers would bring up circumstances. Broner was public enemy #1 when he dissed a respected long time affiliate in Bernstein as well as his assault case too before the Pac fight. Why is that industry enjoys to troll the pressure for negative press on Broner when much of the Kovalev cases were absent? Meaning, writers could have made many articles in tangents with Kovale's career with new articles focusing on alcoholism etc..

But to Kovalev's defense. It's just hard to know his case. If a Pro boxer such as the Krusher really did in fact break a woman's nose I'd expect a huge fine. If in fact these things actually did happen under intoxication from alcohol, then he could serve some time imo.
              You posting in Kovalev's defense is the disparity I am referring to. You joined 2 months ago (allegedly) so you can't really know what I am referring to.

The "hate woman beaters" crowd has been willing to give Kov every benefit of the doubt, which is very strange.

Comment

"pulling off a performance like that, with a court case that could land him in jail for years hanging over his head, took real guts and character."

Kov has guts and character for beating up a woman and then compartmentalizing the possible jail time and boxing at an elite level.

Imagine the backlash if I or another Floyd fan had said this about Floyd after the cotto fight or if someone had said this about Kobe after Colorado?.

Comment

Ok well do tell.
                  Sending you a message now

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    Hold on you responded to say what exactly?? I knew you pride wouldn’t allow yo to leave on that note but oshoud summon that same pride and justify what you write. Th s all I ask. You have responded 3 times and all that I have clarified from your post ithat you are annoyed at the decision. Then you pat yourself on the back and tell yourself you are educated on the topic. Lmao . Ok I’m dismissed you were right

The end
                    To tell you to stfu because you're an idiot and had been dismissed already

Comment

Yes but I posted he hasn't denied being there with her, hence it is a self created problem.

Coming off a KO defeat no. I believe Floyd/Corrales had a similar environment but not exactly the same. Floyd/Cotto was also comparable, but not exactly the same. Broner just fought Manny under a similar situation.

The point is that performance after being accused of felony assault and being allowed to fight isn't gutsy or a sign of character.
                      Kovalev hasn't denied ever being with the woman, and he hasn't confirmed that he was with her either. Even if he was, just being in a woman's company should not be described as "a self created problem" for a man!

Re Floyd and Broner, I don't think either of them have ever been charged with anything as serious as the allegations against Kovalev.

And in any case, Broner didn't put in one of the best performances of his career against Manny. For whatever reason, he fought like his heart wasn't in it. If he'd come out, rediscovered his best form, and won, I very likely would have praised him for being able to do that with an arrest warrant out on him.

Floyd, I believe, did put in a good performance while awaiting trial for an assault for which he ended up doing jail time. But Floyd is not a fighter who is constantly being called weak minded, unable to handle pressure, a quitter, etc, the way Kovalev is at this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X