Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward: Alvarez KO Humbled Kovalev, Made Him Listen To McGirt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    The US government could save the country a fortune by introducing a law that boxing fans only were eligible for jury service.

No need for all those expensive hearings and trials. Whenever anybody is accused of a crime, just pick 12 people at random from the register of known boxing fans and send each of them a letter stating the crime and the race of the accused, with Guilty and Not Guilty boxes to tick, as appropriate, before mailing it back.
    Weak sauce kafkod. Guts and character for being allowed to fight while under investigation for domestic violence. You can't seriously think he should be celebrated for this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Weak sauce kafkod. Guts and character for being allowed to fight while under investigation for domestic violence. You can't seriously think he should be celebrated for this.
      First - he hasn't been accused of domestic violence.

Second - he is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty, by me at least, as is anyone else accused of a crime, whatever their race.

Third - he didn't just fight, he obviously stayed focused on his training for the entire fight, kept his cool and put in one of the best performances of his career.

Comment

with that loss he had no excuses or reasons to feel hard done by...he was legitimately and decisively finished.

Comment

so someone shouldn't be able to earn a living while being "under investigation" of a crime?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            First - he hasn't been accused of domestic violence.

Second - he is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty, by me at least, as is anyone else accused of a crime, whatever their race.

Third - he didn't just fight, he obviously stayed focused on his training for the entire fight, kept his cool and put in one of the best performances of his career.
            I was being kind. Felony assault is far worse than saying DV.

I didn't post or imply you were siding with him because he was white. I didn't say he wasn't presumed innocent, I just found it odd that you giving him credit for guts and character for a situation he created himself. and given the context because I can't imagine a number of other fighters given the same credit for a self created criminal situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
              so someone shouldn't be able to earn a living while being "under investigation" of a crime?
              Didn't say that at all. I just found the comment odd given what he is accused for and the response we usually see to that alleged crime here on NSB.

Comment

Didn't say that at all. I just found the comment odd given what he is accused for and the response we usually see to that alleged crime here on NSB.
                while I agree it takes some type of mental strength to compete under those circumstances, I don't believe it's unique. all fighters have lives outside of the ring, with who knows what kind of problems, which they are required to set aside to compete in the ring. kovalev put himself in the situation and may be guilty of a pretty weak crime, he definitely doesn't need to be celebrated for overcoming the odds against him here...unless it turns out to be complete bs and he was targeted in some type of money grab out of left field.

Comment

Ward just loves being virtuous.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                    while I agree it takes some type of mental strength to compete under those circumstances, I don't believe it's unique. all fighters have lives outside of the ring, with who knows what kind of problems, which they are required to set aside to compete in the ring. kovalev put himself in the situation and may be guilty of a pretty weak crime, he definitely doesn't need to be celebrated for overcoming the odds against him here...unless it turns out to be complete bs and he was targeted in some type of money grab out of left field.
                    I agree with this. My mentioning woman beaters is a general criticism of the tone NSB has collectively taken in the past regarding this issue.

As for Kov specifically, I just found Kafkod's post problematic. I get he is a big Kov fan but what Kov did wasn't brave. he didn't overcome any adversity or obstacles. he was allowed to fight the same way Floyd was-because money was at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                      Lolol. I don’t want your emotions on the verdict of the fight. Life isn’t fair. Stop with your take on the fight. If you are emotionally involved in the fighter my heart goes out to you because he definitely didnt lose. However I specifically asked you for some kind of corroboration or verification to your claims you come back saying

He admitted it BASICALLY without actually coming out and saying those exact same words and even if he didn’t I couldnt care less

So what words did he say then? Did he say it or not? LMAO. I knew you would respond full of emotion that is why I was specific in asking for evidence. It’s ok you are dismissed

The end
                      You got the end on my last post, dummy. Just keep reading that until you're educated on the topic.

Comment

Working...
                      X