No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vasyl Lomachenko Punishes and Stops Jason Sosa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 619 southpaw View Post
    Loma is definitely the goods...but cats up on here acting like he's the greatest ever and pfp 1 is crazy. All the top fighters look GREAT till they're really tested. Loma looking great against these guys means nothing till he is in there with some real talent
    Nicolas Walters and Gary Russell Jr aren't real talents?

Comment

Loma is definitely the goods...but cats up on here acting like he's the greatest ever and pfp 1 is crazy. All the top fighters look GREAT till they're really tested. Loma looking great against these guys means nothing till he is in there with some real talent
      But like with Floyd (which i never liked but think he is an amazing fighter) the goal post will be moved all the time with the haters , he takes the Axe scalp ? "he was away for too long" he takes Gary russel - "he was balbalbalabla" he will take Mickey scalp and the haters will find something to hate about , it happened with Floyd , GGG , Wlad , Loma , if you want to bring down fighters resumes its not hard to do.
      "real talent" is just a gimmick ppl throw around and take it back when results does not suit them , Loma fought talented guys , and he outclassed them that should count for something , is he the top P4P fighter ? no. but his trajectory and quality of opposition is rapidly takes him there.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        I suggest you go back and watch Floyd's run at 130. He was anything but boring. Same great defense and counterpunching. Just combined with unbelievable foot speed, and a guy that hit very hard, and threw a lot of combinations.

Crazy how people forget how dominating and powerful Floyd was at 130. He was knocking everybody out with speed and POWER and still had flawless defense. Rookies on here

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          How fun would Floyd-Loma at 130 be? Floyd would beat his ass. But it would be fun.
          You had to bring Floyd to the table right?

Comment

Originally posted by TheApollonian View Post
            My eyes tell me Loma would clown Mikey. I'm talking 9-3 or something.
            Loma's is a superb fighter but don't sleep at a Mikey Garcia, that dude is another level plus he's a heavier guy and a heavier puncher with good IQ and timing, Garcia is very fundamentally sound, I'd pick Loma to win but this would be his hardest fight to date.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
              he only has 9 fights. this is the total record of all opponents so far : 267 wins - 25 losses - 13 draws.

that's impressive resume with just 9 fights.

after 9 fights spence opponent record: 63 wins - 22 losses- 9 draws.

after 21 fights his biggest scalp is algieri. loma beating walters is more impressive.
              ???

World Series of Boxing
              Prior to turning professional, Lomachenko competed in the lightweight division of the now-defunct World Series of Boxing (WSB) from January to May 2013. Despite having six fights in this tournament, some outlets would later claim that those fights should have counted towards Lomachenko's professional record prior to his official debut later that year, due to the lack of headgear and rounds being scored using the ten-point must system in WSB.

You get paid to box, no head gear, 3 judges. That is not amateur...Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                ???

World Series of Boxing
                Prior to turning professional, Lomachenko competed in the lightweight division of the now-defunct World Series of Boxing (WSB) from January to May 2013. Despite having six fights in this tournament, some outlets would later claim that those fights should have counted towards Lomachenko's professional record prior to his official debut later that year, due to the lack of headgear and rounds being scored using the ten-point must system in WSB.

You get paid to box, no head gear, 3 judges. That is not amateur...Just sayin.
                You're also allowed to you know, make a fist in professional boxing, which you couldn't do in WSB completely... so uh, yeah.......

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
                  But like with Floyd (which i never liked but think he is an amazing fighter) the goal post will be moved all the time with the haters , he takes the Axe scalp ? "he was away for too long" he takes Gary russel - "he was balbalbalabla" he will take Mickey scalp and the haters will find something to hate about , it happened with Floyd , GGG , Wlad , Loma , if you want to bring down fighters resumes its not hard to do.
                  "real talent" is just a gimmick ppl throw around and take it back when results does not suit them , Loma fought talented guys , and he outclassed them that should count for something , is he the top P4P fighter ? no. but his trajectory and quality of opposition is rapidly takes him there.
                  I agree about his trajectory but that really is nothingintill you fight someone who will take you to the next level. He needs that career defining fight. Outside of the Walters fight which was his best scalp to me he's other most notable fight is of him losing. Im definitely not a hater im in the ring often so i understand his skills but to start crowning him now after beating walters russell and LOSING to salido. Personally i need to see that against better comp.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                    Nicolas Walters and Gary Russell Jr aren't real talents?

Both those guys RETIRE after every fight. Walters is DONE! He now has the WORST name you can call any boxer...

Gary talks more about fighting than actually fighting. 2015 1 fight. 2016 1 fight. Holy SHT!!! His 2017 fight is almost here and then he will RETIRE until 2018.

Comment

I agree about his trajectory but that really is nothingintill you fight someone who will take you to the next level. He needs that career defining fight. Outside of the Walters fight which was his best scalp to me he's other most notable fight is of him losing. Im definitely not a hater im in the ring often so i understand his skills but to start crowning him now after beating walters russell and LOSING to salido. Personally i need to see that against better comp.
                      You're picking at straws here. What about the fact that this man is a two division champ in 9 pro fights don't you understand?

Floyd, Manny, Wlad, every ATG basically in history is fighting club fighters at the point that Lomachenko is at in his career.

He beat two world class fighters in GRJ and Walters, outclassing them easily, not because they arent talented, they couldn't test him because he's too good........ in 9 fights, the same amount of fights where Floyd and Manny were fighting plumbers.

What exactly are you arguing and what are you trying to prove?

Comment

Working...
                      X