Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mosley: Pacquiao's Power Could Be Key With Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

history repeats its self once again!! if this fight does happen!!! it would just be floyd fighting another fighter past his prime!!! examples : cotto, mosley, ODL in his prime! , P Williams, maravilla martinez!! and now pacman!!! cherry picking floyd

Comment

Tbe

Uncle tomming over in the Filipinos

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
        lol @ zab and Mosley getting shut out from Floyd. Ain't nobody was even going that far, did zab and Mosley not hurt Floyd? That's it. Nobody is talking about look what happen after that or look who won the fight.
        They didn't hurt him that bad. Corley rocked Mayweather too but Floyd is excellent at recovering.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
          Sorry, its true. He's been hit flush plenty of times. There really isnt room for debate.
          No, he hasn't. Floyd rarely gets hit and when he does, he looks bad. I'd say Floyd's chin looks below average. When he starts getting hit as he fades, will it end up being complete crap like Roy Jones? Who knows, but Floyd's been hurt by one punch on more than one occasion--and some of those were by guys that have average power (Chop Chop Corley). A completely shot Mosley rang his bell with a straight right too and Zab knocked him down.

Great reflexes can hide bad chins. But, to be honest, I don't remember Roy ever getting rang up by anybody until he was shot. And, Roy fought two of the best middleweights of all-time in their prime (Toney and Bernard). Floyd has fought nobody comparable in their prime and has still been rung up).

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
            No, he hasn't. Floyd rarely gets hit and when he does, he looks bad. I'd say Floyd's chin looks below average. When he starts getting hit as he fades, will it end up being complete crap like Roy Jones? Who knows, but Floyd's been hurt by one punch on more than one occasion--and some of those were by guys that have average power (Chop Chop Corley). A completely shot Mosley rang his bell with a straight right too and Zab knocked him down.

Great reflexes can hide bad chins. But, to be honest, I don't remember Roy ever getting rang up by anybody until he was shot. And, Roy fought two of the best middleweights of all-time in their prime (Toney and Bernard). Floyd has fought nobody comparable in their prime and has still been rung up).
            if I read this correctly-floyd has been hurt on more than one occassion but has never been stopped or KD other than zab, he withstood two massive shots from shane and didn't go down-and this is evidence that he DOESN'T have a solid chin?

Comment

We now know PAC wasn't on those power pellets. He still got power and vada have been testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                Floyd Roid would never step up and challenge Manny so what's the difference.
                Who walked away from negotiations in 2009? Exaclty
                Tell that to his opponents face lol.. They all leave busted up. What u meant to say is PAC hasn't ko anyone in 5 years. That doesn't mean his powers is shot.
                Bradley seemed to look okay as well as Shane, and one of them had two broken ankles.

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                It's hard to show power if your opponents other than Marquez show up to survive run around the ring and hold
                Having great footwork and running are two different things. If Manny had better footwork he would of never been KTFO.
                Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                Floyd also knows he is likely to get KTFO by Pacquiao, that is why he has ducked him for the last 5 years.
                Um, who walked away from negotiations in 2009 and declined a 40 million dollar offer? If Manny resigns with TR at the end of the year I guess we will know who is ducking... How can Floyd fight anyone from TR when there is a cold war, please tell me.
                Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                With Manny's mind set change, Pacquiao is much more likely to school Floyd rather than get the KO and when Floyd's feel the power he is much more likely to cover up and go into his shell just trying to finish on his feet like so many that have come before.
                Pacquiao who has very limited boxing skills is going to outbox the world's greatest boxer? Pacquiao outboxed RIOS!!!! A C level fighter. Come on, you can't be serious.... as a casual fan you can't believe that statement! Geez.
                Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                To beat Pasquaio I think you have to be willing to trade with him like Marquez did in all their fights. If you run and try to pot shot him, you're gonna lose rounds because he throws 4-5 punch combinations.
                Would Floyd be able to move and hit him with 1 or 2 punch combos all night and be able to avoid getting into a real war with him? Maybe, but I think at some point Manny would land some straight left hands and we'd see how Floyd reacts to it. He's not going to stand toe to toe because unlike all these recent guys Floyd has fought, Manny actually has great hand speed and hits from different angles..it would be a good fight just based on the different styles. People who compare Marquez and Floyds counter punching styles don't see the difference in their offensive output. Everyone who fights Manny looks like they've been in a war afterwards, win or lose...
                JMM boxed him in the 3rd fight and got robbed and Bradley boxed and won. JMM knew he had to KO in order to get a clear and decisive win. Joshua Clottley, Shane and Bradley all looked just fine after they fought Manny.

I have a better idea, go watch his last fight with rios and then u tell me? Why go all the way back to the Mosley fight? Oh right because thats the only fight u can say that PAC didn't cut the ring off.
                Pacman's footwork stinks. That is how he got KOed. Let's be for real.
                Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
                An honest appraisal from Shane.
                I just don't think Floyd can get the W against Manny and Floyd knows it.
                With that single loss his stock would plummet as fast as the Broner Minstrel Show.
                Still, I think Pac/Mayweather will take place in Sept. with Floyd calling it a career in a rematch the following year.
                SO when Ward said that Bradley will beat Manny the second time ya'll called Ward every single name in the book but because a fighter agrees to your propaganda you think he is spot on... interesting.

All Floyd should say at this point is "I'm fighting the winner of Pacquiao/Bradley in september"
                All the s*** he talks never adds up to anything but fights against over matched nobody's.... Good for him I guess the 2 best Welters fight for Bob Arum..Easy way out....
                How is he going to fight either fighter when THERE IS A COLD WAR? Floyd has repeatedly said he would not work for Rob Arum? Bradley can kiss a Mayweather fight goodbye because he signed an extension and Pac it remains to be seen what he will do. They are only over matched after Floyd beats them.

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                You boys are so funny

answer me this, just try, I know its a strain.

After reading some posts it comes down to that Jr can easily whup Pac

THEN

here's da question:

WHY hasn't he done then ? ITs the biggest money fight out there !!!!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                He would of beat him in 09 but Pac left negotiations and didn't want 40 million dollars. I guess Manny doesn't realy want the fight.
                Originally posted by sosiqwitit View Post
                you were almost right but you use canelo's slow as s as an example. manny has speed that canelo only can dream of. manny also got the skills you speak of. he has skills, speed, and power, a deadly combination that could give floyd a run for his money and if manny had his stamina and endurance of old then things could get very interesting. but I still give floyd a slight edge because of his boxing acumen.
                So now the red head is slow? Okay. those skills you speak of and speed and power seemed to be missing against JMM and Bradley. Speed don't mean **** if you don't know how to use it. He is fast but he is reckless with it at times.

Why's that? Floyd got dropped by Zab even though they didn't call it a knock down when his gloves hit the canvas. Shane rocked him with a single right hand..To definitively say he would have no problem would be crazy.
                Mayweather's glove barely touched the canvas yes it should of been considered a knock down but you act like his entire glove touched the canvas and getting dropped is what happened to Manny in the 4th fight with JMM, Shane rocked him clean but he recovered beautifully!
                Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
                No Floyd has exceptional reflhe has not been hit flush very often in his career. The couple of times that I have seen clean shots he was hurt to some extent. I believe one of thexes, e reason's he has not fought Pacquiao is Manny's speed, for once in his career Floyd would be the slower fighter. He fears that fact, along with Manny's power.
                Actually Zab was faster than Mayweather at the time and hit harder sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                  They didn't hurt him that bad. Corley rocked Mayweather too but Floyd is excellent at recovering.
                  The problem is though that Corley shouldn't have been able to rock Floyd. Can you name any other top tier fighter that Corley rocked like that? Corley's power was never great. Great chins are guys that get hit by people with thunderous power and don't get hurt. We can all agree that floyd doesn't have a great chin. He recovers fast though, as you say. That means a lot. Look at Evander Holyfiled. he got hurt by lots of people, but he was damn near impossible to put away because he recovered so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
                    The problem is though that Corley shouldn't have been able to rock Floyd. Can you name any other top tier fighter that Corley rocked like that? Corley's power was never great. Great chins are guys that get hit by people with thunderous power and don't get hurt. We can all agree that floyd doesn't have a great chin. He recovers fast though, as you say. That means a lot. Look at Evander Holyfiled. he got hurt by lots of people, but he was damn near impossible to put away because he recovered so quickly.
                    Sorry but Corley had Cotto doing the stanky leg AFTER he fought Mayweather aside from Corley rocking Floyd, Floyd beat dude up and dropped him. Any fighter can be hit and rocked but what matters more is what a fighter can do when it happens. Floyd has shown better resistance rhan Manny. Shane talking about Manny hurting Floyd but Floyd can hurt Manny too. Manny has no defense or adjustability. Floyd's been hurt but dominant in the same fights.
                    Last edited by GRUSTLER; 01-27-2014, 04:02 PM.

Comment

look it's andre berto! nice shoulder roll lol!

Comment

Working...
                      X