No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mendez-Barthelemy Early ESPN2 Results From Minneapolis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice View Post
    To be fair the Umashee fight really did make Rances look bad and his follow up Ko win was over a dude most didnt even know so you cant fault someone for not being high on Rances but ill tell you what thats two masterful performances now so you gotta really start giving it to him he's looking like he really putting it all together, after tonight god bless umashees health if he rematches Rances
    I think with Usamee he had the pressure of trying to knock him out since Rances was fighting at home in front of the Cubans!! Had he just boxed he would've made Usamee look bad like the first two rounds of the fight

Comment

The first few fights of Barthelemy career he was pushing and slapping, the fight with Usamee make him a ton of good and he started to sit on his punches, we see the results now, Mendez didn't look good because he was hurt from the get go...

Comment

Well damn... No offense but Dominicans suck @ boxing. Argenis, tapia, Edwin Rodriguez, delvin Rodriguez all lost in devastating fashion in a matter of months apart. Not to mention that Dominican prospect that top rank had high hopes for but got knocked out in like 2 rounds

Comment

I wrote: Barthelemy by KO... that's all
          illpapi answer: By KO? Who are you kidding? The only chance Barthelemy has is winning by decision and that's only because sometimes Mendez's work rate tends to be a little low...

Now... tell me

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Honestly, I didn't put much stock in that Asian dude. He was a former Muay Thai boxer. Barthelemy was way above him in he skill department. But he did land a beautifully placed blow to the solar plexus. Tonight was a different story. Rances was crackin' versus a reigning champ. Nice work. I have a new appreciation for "Kid Blast."
            Neither did I. Barthelemy's execution to the body was great, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Honestly, I didn't put much stock in that Asian dude. He was a former Muay Thai boxer. Barthelemy was way above him in he skill department. But he did land a beautifully placed blow to the solar plexus. Tonight was a different story. Rances was crackin' versus a reigning champ. Nice work. I have a new appreciation for "Kid Blast."
              His brother Yan goes to my gym...real nice guy!
              Plus he's a Olympic gold medalist so there's talent in the Family

Comment

Originally posted by manueltf View Post
                I wrote: Barthelemy by KO... that's all
                illpapi answer: By KO? Who are you kidding? The only chance Barthelemy has is winning by decision and that's only because sometimes Mendez's work rate tends to be a little low...

Now... tell me
                Dude...I already replied. If you have been watching boxing long enough you would know that was unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
                  The first few fights of Barthelemy career he was pushing and slapping, the fight with Usamee make him a ton of good and he started to sit on his punches, we see the results now, Mendez didn't look good because he was hurt from the get go...
                  Yes! I've been saying something to that effect. Tonight, Bart punched much more crisply than I've ever seen him do. Devastating.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
                    Dude...I already replied. If you have been watching boxing long enough you would know that was unexpected.
                    I give you props for taking the loss like a man! I know your a Mendez fan and your guy lost in bad fashion but you still owned up to the loss unlike some guys on here that cry that bytches when their guy losses

Comment

Originally posted by kozone View Post
                      His brother Yan goes to my gym...real nice guy!
                      Plus he's a Olympic gold medalist so there's talent in the Family
                      It's too bad Yan's career as a pro went nowhere. I'm still shaking my head over that one. Hearing he's a nice guy makes it even sadder.

Comment

Working...
                      X