No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mendez-Barthelemy Early ESPN2 Results From Minneapolis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    I was never that impressed with Barthelemy but he looked great tonight. I hope the "controversy" doesn't overshadow how dominant he was in this fight.

Most likely there will be a rematch ordered but I think the result will be the same. Mendez is a good fighter but Rances has his number.

I can't wait to see how Barthelemy will fair with the other elite JLWs. This has been a pretty quiet division for a while.
    It's crazy how much controversy is with Mendez/Bart/Usmanee

And I can't believe the reach advantage for Bart.
    It'll most likely stand with a rematch ordered...but I wonder if Mikey and TR can stop that

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      It's crazy how much controversy is with Mendez/Bart/Usmanee

And I can't believe the reach advantage for Bart.
      It'll most likely stand with a rematch ordered...but I wonder if Mikey and TR can stop that
      I think the '83 inch reach was a typo. BoxRec has it at 73.

Mikey vs. Barthelemy would be a good unification fight. If he can't get on a major network there is always Uchiyama who all of the big names seem to hop, skip and jump around.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        I think the '83 inch reach was a typo. BoxRec has it at 73.

Mikey vs. Barthelemy would be a good unification fight. If he can't get on a major network there is always Uchiyama who all of the big names seem to hop, skip and jump around.
        Miura unification seems to be coming to fruition after the new Years show.

And I was expecting a lot longer arms when watching... so not surprised it was a typo

Comment

Working...
        X