No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mendez-Barthelemy Early ESPN2 Results From Minneapolis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice View Post
    It might be time for him to move up cuz that wasnt Mendez out there BUT Rances shut that ish down so big props to the boy.

Id love to see this fight again but at 140.
    Yeah, I'm thinking he needs to move up. He can do better where he doesn't need to sacrifice himself so much.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
      Man I'm here...and although I thought the ref dropped the ball Mendez looked weak. I don't need to hide. I give credit where credit is due. Mendez never looked so lost...If that's how is gonna be if he gets a rematch he better just forget it.
      Hey what's up I know your not hiding it's just you never Rances a chance in hell!! I do agree with you on Mendez looking weak and I also agree if they fight again Barthelemy takes it to him again?? Styles make fights and Rances has Mendez card

Comment

Barthelemy-Mendez the first "wtf" fight for 2014.

Comment

It might be time for him to move up cuz that wasnt Mendez out there BUT Rances shut that ish down so big props to the boy.

at 140 would be worse for Mendez... more power from Barthelemy

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
            He showed us something his last fight vs the Asian dude. I really like what I saw tonight. Nice win for Rances.
            Honestly, I didn't put much stock in that Asian dude. He was a former Muay Thai boxer. Barthelemy was way above him in he skill department. But he did land a beautifully placed blow to the solar plexus. Tonight was a different story. Rances was crackin' versus a reigning champ. Nice work. I have a new appreciation for "Kid Blast."

Comment

Originally posted by kozone View Post
              Hey what's up I know your not hiding it's just you never Rances a chance in hell!! I do agree with you on Mendez looking weak and I also agree if they fight again Barthelemy takes it to him again?? Styles make fights and Rances has Mendez card
              I hear you and I'll be honest and say I really never thought too highly of Barthelemy like I do Rigo (one of my favorite fighters). It's just crazy that he took Mendez out like that even though I didn't like how it ended but real and I'll see it looked like he was gonna loose, anyway. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by kozone View Post
                To be fair the Umashee fight really did make Rances look bad and his follow up Ko win was over a dude most didnt even know so you cant fault someone for not being high on Rances but ill tell you what thats two masterful performances now so you gotta really start giving it to him he's looking like he really putting it all together, after tonight god bless umashees health if he rematches Rances

Comment

I think Mendez is fine at 130 or 135...he would dominate most guys in the division minus Barthelemy

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
                    Hey, props to him. I didn't expect that. As I have mentioned Mendez was not looking good from the get go...he looked weak and disoriented. I just expected more from him. But props to Barthelemy.
                    Mendez might not have been warm enough. If he managed to get past the first two or three rounds, the fight might've gone the distance. But Rances hurt him in the first and knocked him down again before the end came. It happens.

Comment

To be fair the Umashee fight really did make Rances look bad and his follow up Ko win was over a dude most didnt even know so you cant fault someone for not being high on Rances but ill tell you what thats two masterful performances now so you gotta really start giving it to him he's looking like he really putting it all together, after tonight god bless umashees health if he rematches Rances
                      Usmanee showed the heart of a lion in the Barthelemy fight. He was completely outclassed in the first two or three rounds, then he started coming on. It was Arash's activity that made it close, but I thought Rances just barely pulled it out. I think people were taken in with Usmanee's heart and underdog status. Of course, Teddy Atlas's meltdown after the fight didn't help.

Comment

Working...
                      X