No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vasyl Lomachenko Punishes and Stops Jason Sosa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Do we even know how much power Loma would bring up to 135/140??? Easy to talk sht if you don't know.

I've boxed before and talent can only get you so far until size starts becoming a HUGE problem. I'm sure you have him being the HW Champion of the WORLD!!!
    Power is often over valued at the top level.

Floyd Mayweather had average power at best above 140, he was still able to school top level guys who brought more size and power to the ring.

He's perfectly solid at 130, 135 will be no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
      I agree he hit harder than Lomachenko at that weight, but nothing suggested he could have stopped him.
      Mayweather never was a one punch ko artist and Lomachenko has never shown fragility to suggest that he couldn't have taken him to the distance.
      You don't have to be a one punch KO artist to stop guys. Floyd had above average power at 130. He also would probably be able to do a couple things that Lomachenko hasn't encountered much in his life. And that's hit Loma with more than a single punch at a time. And hit Loma with shots he may not see coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        A)In his second fight against a world champion with a weight disadvantage and lots of fouls?. - Is this not an EXCUSE??
        B) You act like Russel Jr. is Jesus Christ. You said earlier that that win counted as much as any Floyd did.

Now my TURN??? Why does beating a punching bag named Sammy Sosa make you a P4P #1 even though you have a LOSS???
        -I don't think that Lomachenko is p4p number 1.
        -My point about the Salido fight count as an excuse maybe, but it doesn't means that i said he didn't win.
        -I never said that the Russell win was better than any of the Floyd wins, but you can show me the post where i said it if you want.
        I'm used to be right and I'm used to talk to people that are a little slower to comprehend sentences, but you are taking it a little too far kid.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          You don't have to be a one punch KO artist to stop guys. Floyd had above average power at 130. He also would probably be able to do a couple things that Lomachenko hasn't encountered much in his life. And that's hit Loma with more than a single punch at a time. And hit Loma with shots he may not see coming.
          Well you are sure that Lomachenko would have been stopped by Floyd and I'm sure he won't considering that Floyd never stopped a fighter on the level of Lomachenko, so were are not going to agree at any point.

Comment

Lomachenko is fun to watch. There's not an ounce of hypejob in him. He's the real deal. That said, Mikey would f.uck him up.
            If Mikey did beat him, I am willing to bet it would look almost identical to Gamboa vs Crawford. Gamboa had the speed and skill but couldn't deal with Crawford's size. That said, that would be an epic fight!

Comment

Well you are sure that Lomachenko would have been stopped by Floyd and I'm sure he won't considering that Floyd never stopped a fighter on the level of Lomachenko, so were are not going to agree at any point.
              Lomachenko's level??? I would say Genaro Hernandez and Chico Corrales are historically better than Lomachenko at this point in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                If Mikey did beat him, I am willing to bet it would look almost identical to Gamboa vs Crawford. Gamboa had the speed and skill but couldn't deal with Crawford's size. That said, that would be an epic fight!
                I disagree with the majority opinion that size was the determining factor in Crawford-Gamboa. Gamboa does a lot of dumb **** in the ring and Crawford was not only had the skill, he also had the physical gifts to take advantage of the numerous technical errors Gamboa makes. That fight kinda reminded me of Barrera-Hamed. Crawford's size may have allowed him to stop Gamboa where Barrera wasn't able to stop Named. But even if you took away the size advantage, it was a technical mismatch.

Comment

Lomachenko's level??? I would say Genaro Hernandez and Chico Corrales are historically better than Lomachenko at this point in his career.
                  There a lot of questions marks about Lomachenko, but again , there's nothing that suggests that Floyd would have stopped him.
                  Historically Corrales and Hernandez have better resume, but after how many fights and styles?, and still, neither of them fought like Lomachenko, i have seen the flaws of Lomachenko , but his durability has never been cuestionable or at least not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Power is often over valued at the top level.

Floyd Mayweather had average power at best above 140, he was still able to school top level guys who brought more size and power to the ring.

He's perfectly solid at 130, 135 will be no issue.
                    I agree somewhat but it sure helps a lot when your used to getting your jaw cracked by much bigger guys...

And that is why I give Loma 0 sympathy on his 2.5 lbs overweight excuse. You and I know since boxing began that EVERYONE at 1 time or another fought much bigger men. And WON!

Comment

There a lot of questions marks about Lomachenko, but again , there's nothing that suggests that Floyd would have stopped him.
                      Historically Corrales and Hernandez have better resume, but after how many fights and styles?, and still, neither of them fought like Lomachenko, i have seen the flaws of Lomachenko , but his durability has never been cuestionable or at least not yet.
                      What does "fights like Lomachenko" mean? He had a unique style. But everybody looks amazing when there's no resistance in front of them. I'll use Floyd and Manny as an example. When Floyd has an overmatched for in front of him. The likely outcome is gonna be Floyd winning a 9-3/10-2 decision with Floyd doing just enough to win every round. The commentary after the fight will be more what the for didn't do, and not what Floyd did do. Manny on the other hand. When he has an overmatched for in front of him. Manny is gonna destroy him. He may blow them out in a couple rounds. If he doesn't, he's gonna bludgeon them into submission. Both will have had equally easy nights. But Manny's style will have made him look more impressive. Lomachenko has had true resistance in front of him one time. And he looked nothing like he's looked in his more impressive outings.

Comment

Working...
                      X