Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent To Mayweather: You Work For De La Hoya, B*tch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    Floyd doesn't work for Oscar but he does work for Al Haymon

50 Cent said Haymon has Floyd on allowance and every other thing he said about Floyd is correct so theres no reason to doubt that

And 50 cent was making money before Get Rich of Die Trying ever came out. If he stayed in the streets he would've been like Marlo from The Wire
    lmfao so much nonsense I don't know where to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      This has to be one of the dumbest and most childish feuds I ever seen on social media

One guy thinks money is the answer to everything while the other guy...I don't even know what he is upset about here I am searching for video of Mayweather saying "*** 50 Cent" come to find out it is no such video because he never said it which really has me confused as to why 50 Cent is even beefing with Mayweather? He took the Quote "Rappers Come And Go And They Don't Stay Relevant" which is true but somehow 50 took that personal when I am sure Mayweather was talking about the two rappers he recently had issues with: T.I. and Nelly

It was funny at first but both starting to make a fool out of themselves in front of the world, do you see any other "Millionaires" acting like this on Social Media?
      Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post

"For most of the first 10 years of his career, Mayweather fought for the promotional company Top Rank Boxing, under a more typical model, with most of his money guaranteed upfront. Their split, in 2006, was far from amicable, marked by lawsuits.

Once freed, Mayweather met with Leonard Ellerbe and Al Haymon, his most trusted advisers, to develop a new plan. They wanted to control every aspect of a promotion, including the promoters, whom Mayweather hires on a contract basis for each fight. He also changed his nickname, from Pretty Boy Floyd to Money Mayweather, part of a philosophical shift.

For his last four fights, Mayweather has hired Golden Boy Promotions, a company started by Oscar De La Hoya but run by Richard Schaefer, a former Swiss banker with no previous boxing background....

Roger Federer does not make money off the sales of strawberries and cream at Wimbledon, nor does Derek Jeter***8217;s contract include the Yankees***8217; TV contract in Asia. Mayweather has devised an altogether different model for marquee athletes.

But, under this model, the expenses are Mayweather expenses, too, including advertising (radio spots, print ads, TV commercials), publicity (press tours, news conferences), sanctioning fees, legal contracts and insurance. For a fight of this magnitude, Schaefer said the expenses would run about $10 million.

First, Mayweather will write himself a check this week in the neighborhood of $25 million. This is similar, in concept, to the guaranteed money that other fighters receive from their promoters, but the check is much larger. Besides Mayweather, only Manny Pacquiao would command that much. What Mayweather earns in addition depends on the success of the event.

If 1.4 million or 1.5 million fans buy the fight ***8212; which is expected ***8212; Mayweather will make about $40 million, Schaefer said.

For comparison, consider Pacquiao. For his coming November fight, Top Rank has guaranteed $22 million and a percentage of other revenue for a total of $30 million, said Bob Arum, chairman of Top Rank. If the fight is canceled because of a natural disaster, for example, Pacquiao will still make $22 million, whereas Mayweather would stand to lose much of his total earnings.

Because Mayweather has averaged about 1.5 million pay-per-view buys in his last four fights, and because no natural disaster has wiped out any boxing event in recent memory, he considers his risk quite low. Even Arum, Mayweather***8217;s stated nemesis, conceded ***8220;there***8217;s no loss, only profit.***8221; He added: ***8220;In the end, it may be less than the guarantee, but it***8217;s all profit.***8221;

Arum and others, however, believe that there is value in promotion and that Mayweather would make even more if he ceded total control. Mayweather disagrees, and even says the formula can be duplicated by other fighters ***8212; for a fee, of course.

***8220;That***8217;s going to cost you!***8221; he said.
        So in reality, Floyd paying himself isn't really earning what he claims. He writes himself a 25 mil check. So when that check is cashed, he's not adding 25 mil to his aaccount, he's recycling his money. Highest paid athlete my ass.

Comment

50 Cent didn't have a multi-platinum selling CD since 2005 while Floyd Mayweather is boxing's biggest draw. End of story.
          Last edited by Jay Volcano; 08-24-2014, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Oscar made Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
              Floyd Mayweather's net worth is 280 MIL while 50 Cent's net worth is 270 MIL so Floyd showing 50 Cent checks don't mean anything to 50 because they're 10Mil apart in that aspect and 50 has his hands in a lot of different ventures and is doing very well in many of them. Floyd should just leave it alone and let 50 be 50 like Jay Z, Puff and all the other big dawgs in the industries. Everyone knows how 50 gets down and once you give him fuel then the fire will blaze high.
              According to Forbes, 50 cents' net worth is $140 million and Floyd's is $280 million as of May 2014.

I was told Floyd offered $1 mil if 50 cents son would go on camera and say he loved his dad..lol

Comment

Was kinda funny at the beginning but now it's becoming lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                  Oscar made Floyd.
                  Okay!?

Comment

Ok, Floyd works for Oscar (or Haymon or both) and 50 used to work for some label and its board.

That's just the way of the world.

Comment

I don't quite get why the thread title ends with a question mark.

"You work for De La Hoya, B*tch?" < is he asking him? wtf is going on here!

Comment

Working...
                      X