No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Explains Gennady Golovkin Situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Explains Gennady Golovkin Situation

Andre Ward may not be fighting much at the moment due to his promotional issues but his name is often brought up as a possible opponent for some of the big names at 160, 168 and 175 pounds. One name in particular that is frequently brought up is WBO Middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin.

A fight between both undefeated champions has been brewing for some time but the fight has failed to materialize. Ward’s current litigation with promoter Dan Goossen has indeed complicated things even more but he still feels Golovkin and his team need to stop mentioning him if they aren’t serious about fighting him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Now you can move up and fight the lt. Heavys since ggg aint happening and 68 has been cleaned out by you

Comment

I see Ward talking about Golovkin more than Golovkin talks about Ward.

I only recall Golovkin himself mentioning Ward once or twice.

Comment

no one's mentioning a nobody like you ward
        [IMG]//i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/301/christian_bale_american_psycho_patrick_bateman_axe _10989289_RE_PwnzElite_has_declared_war_on_Grammar _****s-s400x300-173837.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I see him talking about Golovkin more than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
            no one's mentioning a nobody like you ward
            [IMG]//i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/301/christian_bale_american_psycho_patrick_bateman_axe _10989289_RE_PwnzElite_has_declared_war_on_Grammar _****s-s400x300-173837.jpg[/IMG]
            Actually he's more popular than Golovkin (naturally not on this site), more people know his name, and he did much more in his carreer than Golovkin. He is YOUNGER than Golovkin and already cleaned out a strong super middle weight class while Golovkin is still try to clean out a weak middleweight. You can try to spin it if you want but these are the facts. So if you call him nobody, then what is Golovkin?

Comment

Andre Ward said he'd fight anybody at 168 or 175, yet ducked Stevenson and Kovalev.

From May 12, 2012:

Comment

"I'm not going to chase these guys"

Why not? It sounds like he's content to just sit back and not fight.

Comment

Ward shows respect there and maturity.

That aside, the reality is he is boring to watch.

He was horrible against Kessler, and dull as dishwater against Miranda, Bika, Abraham - allan green actually sent me to sleep.

He had everything on a plate during the S6 and even skipped the Euro press tour until the final date - and then throughout he had every fight at home, or on home soil whilst everyone else travelled.

A dog tired Froch, whom (as usual) gave the series the standout fights, fought him 1 week before xmas in a cold Atlantic City - and gave us a bit of fun, but otherwise Ward's career is bland.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    "I'm not going to chase these guys"

Why not? It sounds like he's content to just sit back and not fight.
                    Why work for anything when you can wait for it to fall on your lap.
                    Lazy or self-entitled?

Comment

Working...
                    X