Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Zab beat Garcia??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

judging by most of these you guy's really must think Danny is just lucky to be where he is. And I know timing in the punches he throws is better than Lucas and he will K.O. Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
      Again man, you don't need to be Mayweather or Whitaker to be considered good defensive fighter. Defence may be the hardest part of the game to master, everyone has some flaws in that regard. But still, Judah is taking by far less punishment than most of the fighters and that's what defence is about and if you're better than most, then you're good. Sharmba who Max compared him too was also a good defensive fighter by the way.

Then,, if other fighters, despite being hit on a chin more often, are getting knocked down and out less often than Zab, then how can you consider Judah chin good? As I said, he was knocked down in a lot of fights when he was not taking punishment at all, knocked down even by a punch that he blocked. His chin is below average.
      Ever thought they're not getting hit as cleanly?

Kellerman also added:

In the Bergman, Millett and Tszyu fights, Zab was caught right on the point of the chin.
      Zab rarely gets KO'd from being knocked down, he usually able to fight on and sometimes to win. That's not the sign of a bad chin, just poor defense.

Whatever, we'll have to agree to disagree.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 07-17-2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Can he?? yes...would he?? i wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Why are people discussing this fight? Most of the time they trash talk about guys getting undeserved title shots but now it seems ok with Zab getting a title shot. Beating Paris after being beaten by Khan does not give you a contender status. Only fights that Garcia should take are Bradley and JMM. I know almost impossible, but Arum will do a fight with GBP when he feels his fighter can beat theirs. So it is possible.

Comment

Alot of people seem to be giving Judah a shot but how many chances do you have to give this guy. He is a constant let down and has been ever since Tszyu landed that shot in round 2.

I know he looks the part when he is on form but the end results tell the story. Look how poorly he did vs Khan who in turn got destroyed by Garcia. Zab hardly threw anything, looked old and then quit trying to claim a low blow. If a basic fightrer like Baldimor can beat Judah then Garcia definatley will if it happens.

Comment

Much better question~

I would say Garcia would be in a good spot and would deserve to be the favorite, however he is still a pretty flawed fighter and taking away the left hook is not exactly rocket science. Still Garcia is younger and fresher so if he stays on the ball and doesn't get a big head, I would figure he has enough to deal with Judah.

That said, I would not be surprised at all if he lost or lost to somebody lesser than Judah.

Comment

He can, but I'd pick Garcia with little hesitation. If he can time Khan, Judah is no harder to figure out, and it's not like Judah has good defense.

Comment

Can he yes, if they did fight I doubt it. Zab is a glimmer of him old self.
                  Fan of Judah, but he has lost his drive to beat the best!

Comment

yep. I think it would be a good fight too. But im not quite sure he would win. Garcia has shown that he can keep his composure and not get carried away. I think he would deserve to be the favorite. Zab would come on strong but probably get pounded out.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
                      the reason Zab has been given "9 lives" is because folks recognize the tools he has and realize that Zab s**ttin the bed in virtually every big fight he's had has been more of a mental "fade" than it has been a physical one

Even against guys who are in a class a notch above Judah, he's shown to be the physically/ more naturally-gifted fighter. It's deeper than just speed. it's easier to out-think Zab than it is to outbox, outwork or outland him. And in the majority of those losses, we still see those flashes of brilliance we wish he would be able to sustain for 12 rounds.

With all that said, Zab has mental lapses. Huge ones. And that's just something that comes with a grave price against a guy like Danny, who's whole game revolves around capitalizing on opportunity and creating the one opening that will change the direction of a round, or a fight. Danny isn't gonna catch Judah clean the way he did Amir, but he has enough patience & pop to completely take Judah off of his game as the fight progresses.
                      Brilliant post.

And to add to that, the best way to beat Judah is not physically... it's mentally (in the ring). And Judah gets beaten mentally (in the ring) in his losses.

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
                      Can he?? yes...would he?? i wouldn't bet on it.
                      Pretty much what I was going to say. I kinda see Zab Judah and Victor Ortiz in the same way. They're both like a box of chocolates.... ya neva know what ya gonna get.

Comment

Working...
                      X