Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Zab beat Garcia??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the reason Zab has been given "9 lives" is because folks recognize the tools he has and realize that Zab s**ttin the bed in virtually every big fight he's had has been more of a mental "fade" than it has been a physical one

Even against guys who are in a class a notch above Judah, he's shown to be the physically/ more naturally-gifted fighter. It's deeper than just speed. it's easier to out-think Zab than it is to outbox, outwork or outland him. And in the majority of those losses, we still see those flashes of brilliance we wish he would be able to sustain for 12 rounds.

With all that said, Zab has mental lapses. Huge ones. And that's just something that comes with a grave price against a guy like Danny, who's whole game revolves around capitalizing on opportunity and creating the one opening that will change the direction of a round, or a fight. Danny isn't gonna catch Judah clean the way he did Amir, but he has enough patience & pop to completely take Judah off of his game as the fight progresses.

Comment

I voted yes. He's capable of doing so, but he's also very capable of losing. Depends on what Zab shows up that night. He has the speed, but can he or should I say will fight the fight he needs to in order to win? Garcia is a good counter puncher. Especially with that left hook. If he boxes smart, uses his speed & experience I think Zab could do it. It would all be up to him though IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
        the reason Zab has been given "9 lives" is because folks recognize the tools he has and realize that Zab s**ttin the bed in virtually every big fight he's had has been more of a mental "fade" than it has been a physical one

Even against guys who are in a class a notch above Judah, he's shown to be the physically/ more naturally-gifted fighter. It's deeper than just speed. it's easier to out-think Zab than it is to outbox, outwork or outland him. And in the majority of those losses, we still see those flashes of brilliance we wish he would be able to sustain for 12 rounds.

With all that said, Zab has mental lapses. Huge ones. And that's just something that comes with a grave price against a guy like Danny, who's whole game revolves around capitalizing on opportunity and creating the one opening that will change the direction of a round, or a fight. Danny isn't gonna catch Judah clean the way he did Amir, but he has enough patience & pop to completely take Judah off of his game as the fight progresses.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Comment

I havent been overly impressed with Garcia in his last two fights. He has looked slow and if you avoid his power seems easy enough to outbox however the stats dont lie and he keeps winning so he must be doing something right.

Judah on the other hand has a history of not performing when he needs to. Their respective results against Khan says alot. Garcia is more reliable, he is the guy in his prime and I would be shocked if we got anything other than a swift KO.

Comment

zab CAN beat anyone of the top guys in the sport. it all depends on which zab shows up though. if the vernon paris zab shows up, danny is in for a LONG night. if the amir khan zab shows up, then danny is gonna crack that boy!

Comment

Judah's hands are too fast for Garcia, unlike Khan he has power in both hands and a chin.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Judah's hands are too fast for Garcia, unlike Khan he has power in both hands and a chin.
                lol. had speed and power in both hands, and a questionable chin. prime zab would be a different story for garcia, we are talking about now. you're bitterness shows clear as glass.

and khan is WAAAAAAAY faster than zab, so your point is moot

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  lol. had speed and power in both hands, and a questionable chin. prime zab would be a different story for garcia, we are talking about now. you're bitterness shows clear as glass.
                  I take it you didn't see the Mabuza fight? he KO'd Santa Cruz viciously too. Remember power is the last thing to go, ask Mike Jones about Randall Bailey.

I don't know how you can say Judah doesn't have a good chin, he recently went 12 rounds with Matthysse. He doesn't have good defence but that's a different matter.

and khan is WAAAAAAAY faster than zab, so your point is moot
                  and Khan's speed was killing Garcia...imagine if Khan had genuine power.

Garcia isn't that good, I'm not the only one to say it. Judah is a 5 time world champion and even this version of him is good enough to stop him.

Comment

Anyone who has foot speed, hand speed and some pop, with skills and a chin can beat him. Khan was winning but has a fragile chin and wrong tactics. Judah uses his legs quite a beat and has speed, he will tag Garcia like Khan did, but he has a better chin too.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                      l
                      and khan is WAAAAAAAY faster than zab
                      Khan definitely isn't way faster than Zab. Khan is a natural come forward fighter and strings his punches together a'la Pacman so I can see where u might've gotten that impression. If we are talking about now, then maybe u can have a point about them having similar hand speed.

Prime Judah had about the fastest pair of hands of anybody in the sport. That's virtually the only thing that gave Floyd a headache till he began timing him. We agree on the chin-part though. Judah might be tough but I don't consider him to have a granite chin, by far.
                      Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 07-17-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X