Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Amir Khan's Options are Casamayor, Katsidis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casamayor and Katsidis are lightweights.

I would prefer Prescott over those guys to be honest, at least he would be getting revenge on his one defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer informed krikya360.com that he is working on Amir Khan's next fight, which he is hopeful will take place on July 31 in England. Two of the possible opponents for Khan's next defense of the WBA junior welterweight title - are former champions Joel Casamayor and Michael Katsidis. [Click Here To Read More]
      what the? oh come on i thought amir khan said he wanted to fight marcos maidana and then the winner of alexander/bradley

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
        what the? oh come on i thought amir khan said he wanted to fight marcos maidana and then the winner of alexander/bradley
        Maidana's out due to back injury.

Comment

regarding khan, i think it speaks volumes for a fighter when he comes under as much ridicule/hatred/praise as he has, not to mention the debates on here from those lovers/haters, everyone analysing with a fine toothcomb who he shouldn't and should fight next. presumably, if a fighter is in the hardcore boxing fans' minds to this extent, he must surely have some quality about him, otherwise the opinions wouldn't be so frequently aired........
          regarding maidana - ortiz 2, i don't think that is the best option for either fighter, particularly maidana. it's not as if you can say he was or is the better fighter to ortiz - he BROKE his heart. why take a step back? he has taken the scalp and is now reaping the rewards - i.e, being discussed in the same breath as these top tier 10 stoners.
          to keep things in perspective, maidana's other biggest win was vs kotelnik, a fighter who can hold his own in world class but has usually been found wanting (vs khan).
          khan, bradley, alexander - these are the dudes at the top of the heap right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
            Maidana's out due to back injury.
            rematch with prescott then? since prescott called him out....anyways Nice avatar man

Comment

Im not Amirs biggest fan, but there is same pretty ****** hatred in this thread, he's fighting a tune up before a big fight later in the year on semi short notice.

Wise up folks ffs.

ps Kats just battered Mitchell in front of a couple of million viewers in the UK a couple of weeks ago. That fight would sell in the UK.

Comment

It's all about making money and good business! When will people realise this?

It's a shame though. The best fighting the best seems to be a fantasy these days

Comment

Originally posted by KhaotiKOne 1911 View Post
                  I'm not trying to save or defend Khan, but I think it has alot to do with that fight date being so close. It's short notice to get in a FULL training camp for a fighter with Khan skill level. Not saying he is Ray Robinson or Mayweather, but dude definitely has skills. I think they are looking at those fight because quite frankly, most of the big names are tied up already or are not gonna be able to fight by July 30. I blame Ramadan, lol.
                  :.Couldnt have said it better myself.

I hope he fights Katsidis next. Casamayor is a very boring fighter to watch.

Comment

No way Khan beats Michael Katsidis ...no way !

Comment

Dammit, Khan. Even for a stay-busy fight, he needs to go for someone at 140 - his own weight class. Why go after a LW? I know it's a good payday and opportunity for Kats, but he has his own business to take care of at 135 and Khan still needs to prove something at 140.

It should be Prescott.

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
                      No way Khan beats Michael Katsidis ...no way !
                      Kats is dead meat, sadly.

Comment

Working...
                      X