Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan's Painful Exit Forever Buries The Mayweather Blueprint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    First time I've seen Fitzy not ride Mays balls!

Correct, this may be the first i have seen where he's done the opposite regarding Floyd.
    Last edited by Rec28; 02-22-2022, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
      Floyd could fight against fast out-boxers aggressively. Zab Judah outboxed him in the first two rounds and May completely changed his style. He became a pressure counter-puncher and beat Judah. Khan would give May some problems but these wouldn't be unsolvable.
      Entirely agree with you, and YET Floyd still didn't take that fight. He put it to the fans and they wanted it, so why didn't he take the fight? I don't think Khan would have beaten Floyd either, but Floyd clearly had some doubt. So did Manny (or at least Freddie Roach).

Comment

I can see that angle, khans speed giving Mayweather problems but khan never did anything to put himself in position that would make him an attractive opponent. Had he went after a welterweight title mightve
        BlakBread904 BlakBread904 likes this.

Comment

Floyd would walk Khan down even more effectively the Brook did.

Comment

Laughable! Mayweather would have just khtfo like all the other guys did when Khan stepped up!
            Sosay Sosay likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post
              Laughable! Mayweather would have just khtfo like all the other guys did when Khan stepped up!
              How many fighters do you recall Floyd KTFOing?

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

How many fighters do you recall Floyd KTFOing?
                Ortiz when his hands was at his sides. Oh I almost forgot McGregor and the Japanese kickboxer.
                NachoMan NachoMan likes this.

Comment

Khan's fans try to act like him beating Alexander, Malignaggi and Kotelnik is impressive, as if Floyd wouldn't have beaten them even easier.
                  Sosay Sosay likes this.

Comment

Back when Khan was more of a threat to people, this was common discussion. A lot of people thought he would give Jr. trouble with his hand speed and hit and move, movement. Of course, we would never see it when people asked for it so now we can just speculate with Khan's recent history in our minds which isn't that favorable and Jr.

I also don't think Jr. would of had enough to keep Khan off him as easily back then. Khan was more brave and lively. He would of definitely given Jr. trouble since he wouldn't just stand in front of him and would more than likely outwork him on activity. At this point, you can add this fight as another that should of happened but falls into fantasy fight fiction.
                    NachoMan NachoMan likes this.

Comment

Let's not pretend that Khan's only chance at a greater legacy was via Mayweather. He put himself on ice to chase the Floyd fight. If you guys wonder what the fight might have looked like, watch Loma v GRJ.
                      Sosay Sosay likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X