Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that article has some truth in it......i do think chad had no intention of fighting diaconu after diaconu pulled out of their fight....but that was showtimes doing....everyone knows chad vs tarver was what they had been building up(you know with the whole double header thing)....diaconu ****ed himself pulling out...

showtime had just discovered chad, and heavily invested on tarver, so they wanted that fight badly

ruiz and muriqui were supposed to be tune ups for the dawson-tarver fight...but since tarver looked like ****, he wanted another tune up.

so there it was, diaconus chance and he pulls out(and lets remeber he also had a "hand injury" when he was having promoter problems when he pulled out of the branco fight)

chad fought epi then and tarver fought santiago in another double header...tarver agin thinks he had some work to do still

so glen johnson and clinton woods, the other top ranked light heavys are available and ready to legitimize the last tune up before the big fight.......glen johnson, a more respected better fighter than diaconu takes an overconfident chad to the brink, while the seemingly past it tarver turns it around and dominates woods in what was supposed to be a pick'em fight.....

of course chad wasnt gonna fight diaconu when tarver and johnson were available....

that article may work on people with no common sense or who wernet following the whole tarver-dawson saga.......but not on me

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      Glossing over the absurd Diaconu situation you tried to twist around are we?

I give Dawson credit for the Johnson win (not wins) but he gets no credit from me for the Tarver wins. I don't care what he was ranked he was fighting a washed up shell for name recognition. Those wins are as significant as Klychko's over Rahman, seriously.
      I didn't even see the *******/*****ish article (or post) you posted until after I posted this. Doesn't take away from the fact that Diaconu had never been ranked in the top 5 at 175.

Tarver pummeled Woods, even making him and his fans make up some food poisoning excuse for how bad it was. Even worse than what Cloud did to an even older and more shopworn version of Woods.

I would like to see your scorecards for the first Johnson fight, so I can pick it apart. The only rounds Johnson won were the ones that he hurt Chad in and even those rounds Chad was winning. Chad was boxing Glen's ears off and getting caught the last minute. Still won more rounds and never touched the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
        You do realize that Tarver looked better against Woods then Cloud did right?
        You do realize that that had everything to do with Woods choking and throwing 5 ppr and nothing to do with Tarver being any good right?

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        Couldn't you have gotten a more biased article?

Forget all that, all I need to see is look at Diaconu's timeline...

2009-04-04 David Whittom
        2008-04-19 Chris Henry
        2007-05-09 Rico Hoye

Almost a year in between both fights. Dawson fought 5 fights in between (3 against fighters ranked higher than Diaconu). Diaconu was scheduled to fight Silvio Branco how many times after the Henry fight?
        So you're still trying to assert that Diaconnu ducked Dawson 3 times lol

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
        that article has some truth in it......i do think chad had no intention of fighting diaconu after diaconu pulled out of their fight....but that was showtimes doing....everyone knows chad vs tarver was what they had been building up(you know with the whole double header thing)....diaconu ****ed himself pulling out...

showtime had just discovered chad, and heavily invested on tarver, so they wanted that fight badly

ruiz and muriqui were supposed to be tune ups for the dawson-tarver fight...but since tarver looked like ****, he wanted another tune up.

so there it was, diaconus chance and he pulls out(and lets remeber he also had a "hand injury" when he was having promoter problems when he pulled out of the branco fight)

chad fought epi then and tarver fought santiago in another double header...tarver agin thinks he had some work to do still

so glen johnson and clinton woods, the other top ranked light heavys are available and ready to legitimize the last tune up before the big fight.......glen johnson, a more respected better fighter than diaconu takes an overconfident chad to the brink, while the seemingly past it tarver turns it around and dominates woods in what was supposed to be a pick'em fight.....

of course chad wasnt gonna fight diaconu when tarver and johnson were available....

that article may work on people with no common sense or who wernet following the whole tarver-dawson saga.......but not on me
        Aside from you claiming it was a bs injury this is a reasonable summary. The article was just to get basics down to refute Q who is talking out of his ass. I do realize the author got quite dramatic with it.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          I didn't even see the *******/*****ish article (or post) you posted until after I posted this. Doesn't take away from the fact that Diaconu had never been ranked in the top 5 at 175.

Tarver pummeled Woods, even making him and his fans make up some food poisoning excuse for how bad it was. Even worse than what Cloud did to an even older and more shopworn version of Woods.

I would like to see your scorecards for the first Johnson fight, so I can pick it apart. The only rounds Johnson won were the ones that he hurt Chad in and even those rounds Chad was winning. Chad was boxing Glen's ears off and getting caught the last minute. Still won more rounds and never touched the canvas.

lol right so him being his mandatory is irrelevant now along with Dawson actually trying to get that status revoked, gotcha.

Comment

Aside from you claiming it was a bs injury this is a reasonable summary. The article was just to get basics down to refute Q who is talking out of his ass. I do realize the author got quite dramatic with it.
            i did not mean to affirm diaconu's injury was bs against dawson specifically....but we do know most people think he has lied about hand injuries, right?(because the branco fight wasnt selling as quick) so that counts against him....at least imo

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              i did not mean to affirm diaconu's injury was bs against dawson specifically....but we do know most people think he has lied about hand injuries, right?(because the branco fight wasnt selling as quick) so that counts against him....at least imo
              fair opinion

Comment

so the lesson we learned here is that copycat jack is an ignorant gypsy

Comment

So you're still trying to assert that Diaconnu ducked Dawson 3 times lol
                  Nope, never asserted Diaconu ducked Dawson in any post. What I did say is that Dawson was going to and trying to fight him, but Diaconu stayed injured and Dawson moved on.

The biased article even admitted that Mendoza was a very late replacement, which means the fight was very close to happening before Diaconu pulled out with less than 14 days until the fight.
                  lol right so him being his mandatory is irrelevant now along with Dawson actually trying to get that status revoked, gotcha.
                  He pulled out with less than 14 days until the fight. A fighter the caliber of Dawson doesn't have time to waste prime years waiting around for somebody that can't stay healthy. And he fought fighters ranked higher and more popular than Diaconu. There's no case to be made against Dawson.

If next week Pascal pulls out and Dawson decides to move on to another division and Pascal calls him out afterward, would you say Dawson ducked?...... ****** question, of course you would.

Comment

New fights coming up

Comment

My ESPN3 stream isn't streaming boxing yet; anyone else experiencing this?

Comment

Working...
                      X