Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo-Harrison Rematch on Fox Peaks at 2.233 Million Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    I know some that went out to the fight.
    I would have been there if it was in Detroit. Wasn't going down to ****ing California a week before Christmas though.

Comment

Originally posted by Inspired View Post
      it wasnt jermell charlo bringing viewers to this fight.
      Jermall vs Hogan did 275k views, yes, diff network, i guess fox is way bigger than showtime..but still the sheer difference in viewing figures, is all down to that guy, Harrison.
      Different Charlo, Different level of competition. They needed each other for this result because everyone knew the animosity was real

Comment

A lot people assuming things.

A lot of people haven't been paying attention.

PBC on FOX numbers have been close to this all year round. The promotion for this fight was just like any of the other PBC on FOX fights..but this one had extra hype, so FOX decided to add the full shoulder programming to their youtube (they usually just add the clips from the show, but they added the entire shows).

For those outside of North America...these shows are aired on Saturday's and/or Sunday's on the main FOX channel, and then replayed on FS1.

PBC on FOX has been putting up huge number since the first show last December. Look them up.

It is the best thing to happen for boxing in a long time.

It raises the bar of how fights should be promoted, both online and on television.

Nobody is doing a better job of promoting both online and on tv than PBC on FOX right now, and it's not even close.

ESPN/Top Rank is second..they have really stepped it up.

Showtime needs to change their online marketing protocol to put out more content, they need to match PBC on FOX for online content at least.

DAZN is by far the laziest when it comes to online promoting...they need a way to market online yet their youtube content is below average which is laughable....because all of their subscribers are going to come via online! DAZN should be doing what PBC on FOX is doing.

A cookie cutter formula for every main event, doesn't matter how big it is, or who the fighters are.

1 Face to Face
        1 Training Camp Show
        Tons of little mini clips and fighter tidbits

The above formula will NEVER EVER FAIL. It works, and the numbers do not lie.

DAZN has the "tidbit" part of it down...but they don't have any meat with their online promotion at all. It's disgusting how bad DAZN is with promotion and quality content. Outside of Canelo, GGG and Joshua..they barely release any quality content for their fighters leading up to the fights.

How come DAZN doesn't do any training camp shows for the likes of Andrade, Farmer etc?

I want boxing to get back to the mainstream. It's a lot closer to being mainstream now than when only HBO/Showtime existed.

FOX is doing it's part

ESPN is starting to do it's part

Showtime has to get with the times and do more online marketing via youtube and IG, it's not 2017 anymore where you can get away with 1 or 2 All Access's a year...people need more and the standard has been raised.

DAZN needs to do any type of marketing period..because they are dead last..which is a shame, because they should be dominating with content on their youtube page...online is literally the only option they have and they can't even get that right.
        Last edited by JaBfromTokyo; 12-25-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I want to see a trilogy. Not on PPV. While it would probably do decent, this is something that should be on regular fox and catapult the winner to PPV

Comment

Re

Charlo: "...now, I'm a man outside of boxing...now...I don't know how yaw take disrespect but I don't take disrespect well...

Harrison: "neither do I..."

Charlo: "...and, and um...but you're not me. And you ain't in my shoes, so keep your mouth shut! Uh huh!

Harrison: "shut up!"

Charlo: "shut up? That's what you're gonna keep saying? Yeah."

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              Harrison sold the **** outta that fight, but these numbers are fantastic. Really helps that the card turned out really good with all competitive fights. Hope this continues.
              Stop detracting. You know damn well it was the anger of Mell talking so much shet then Tony coming back with the shet talking is what sold this fight. You dudes ALWAYS trying to discredit.
              Last edited by j.razor; 12-26-2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

What sucks about boxing on Fox is that on the west coast fights start at 5 pm and the main event is usually over before prime time. Fox would get more viewers if they didn't start so early on the west coast.

Comment

This fight sold cuz of both guys! They been beefing hard since the first fight, and the first fight was controversial.

Lmao @ guys saying this fight had those numbers just cuz dudes wanted to see a Spence interview.

Its like yall refuse to give props to Charlo,

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                    This fight sold cuz of both guys! They been beefing hard since the first fight, and the first fight was controversial.

Lmao @ guys saying this fight had those numbers just cuz dudes wanted to see a Spence interview.

Meh, I got negged by a bunch of Charlo groupies because I said Harrison sold the fight. I wasn't tuning in for a damn Spence interview though lol

Pretty sure Charlo can't even read.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post

Definitely, both guys did a good job selling the fight and they got the extra push with the NFL promoting it. The shoulder programming for this fight was a hit and the ratings delivered.

And the trilogy CAN be on PPV..........Just put it on the UC of Spence vs DSG lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X