Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko's Manager: Nicholas Walters Keeps Asking For More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko's Manager: Nicholas Walters Keeps Asking For More

Egis Klimas, manager of WBO featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko (5-1, 3KOs), has indicated that super featherweight contender Nicholas Walters (26-0-1, 21KOs) is pricing himself out and being unreasonable.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Loma and his team get the bigger picture. Risk 300k because they are 100% they'll be victorious and also because this is a fight that can catapult them to bigger money fights. GGG and his team can learn from this. Saying fighting ward is going backwards because they won't make a ton of money- a smart team know that by fighting and beating ward, the bigger purses and fights are going to follow...that's unless you're unsure about your chances of winning the fight..
    Last edited by chepboxingking; 03-28-2016, 08:00 AM.

Comment

There are no ifs in fight contracts . Boxer must receive the same amount win or lose .

Comment

Originally posted by tostao View Post
        There are no ifs in fight contracts . Boxer must receive the same amount win or lose .
        They can receive a bonus if they win but it can't come from the other fighters purse. I don't know why the media keeps reporting this like it's a legit offer from Loma. And only one side of the story is being reported. Funny how they couldn't get the Rigo fight made either and Klimas was the only one talking.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          They can receive a bonus if they win but it can't come from the other fighters purse. I don't know why the media keeps reporting this like it's a legit offer from Loma. And only one side of the story is being reported. Funny how they couldn't get the Rigo fight made either and Klimas was the only one talking.
          I know fighters made wagers in fights before, like Tarver bet with Hopkins that he'll KO him and lost the bet. I know for sure hopkin got the $ and donated to his charity. I believe vargas and trinidad also had a wager in their fight, but I'm not sure if a wager and "If you win" scenario are the same..

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
            I know fighters made wagers in fights before, like Tarver bet with Hopkins that he'll KO him and lost the bet. I know for sure hopkin got the $ and donated to his charity. I believe vargas and trinidad also had a wager in their fight, but I'm not sure if a wager and "If you win" scenario are the same..
            As I understand it, bets between 2 fighters are a private arrangement and don't break any rules.

But having a bet written into a contract turns the match into a "prize fight" and prize fights are against the rules of modern day boxing.

Comment

Loma and his team get the bigger picture. Risk 300k because they are 100% they'll be victorious and also because this is a fight that can catapult them to bigger money fights. GGG and his team can learn from this. Saying fighting ward is going backwards because they won't make a ton of money- a smart team know that by fighting and beating ward, the bigger purses and fights are going to follow...that's unless you're unsure about your chances of winning the fight..

Please stfu...seriously. Loma is moving up four pounds not fifteen..also how about you holler at the real Chepo about having his boy move up 5 pounds and actually defending his belt as every other middle weight not named Cotto/Canelo has done.

Comment

walters another thurman scared to fight a guy moving up

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Please stfu...seriously. Loma is moving up four pounds not fifteen..also how about you holler at the real Chepo about having his boy move up 5 pounds and actually defending his belt as every other middle weight not named Cotto/Canelo has done.
                  1st- the ward fight was offered at 168, not 175, so that's 8 pounds, not 15. Not unimaginable because he was willing to go up for Froch and JCCJR.

2nd- canelo can demand whatever he wants to, know why? Because he beat cotto, kirkland, Lara, to name a few, and also fought Floyd. He's the A side. Canelo gave up a lot to face both Floyd and cotto. All the greats give up on their way up to secure the bigger fights in the future. Can't demand sh.it when the biggest name on ur resume is lemuix.

Atleast Canelo has balls and fought Lara once he called him out..what has GGG done? Not even acknowledged Lara

Comment

1st- the ward fight was offered at 168, not 175, so that's 8 pounds, not 15. Not unimaginable because he was willing to go up for Froch and JCCJR.

2nd- canelo can demand whatever he wants to, know why? Because he beat cotto, kirkland, Lara, to name a few, and also fought Floyd. He's the A side. Canelo gave up a lot to face both Floyd and cotto. All the greats give up on their way up to secure the bigger fights in the future. Can't demand sh.it when the biggest name on ur resume is lemuix.

Atleast Canelo has balls and fought Lara once he called him out..what has GGG done? Not even acknowledged Lara
                    That wasn't hard, cause Lara doesn't wanna fight Ggg, unlike Canelo. He's about as serious about fighting Ggg as Kell Brook is

Comment

Working...
                    X