No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner-Porter a Done Deal For June 20, NBC Primetime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marzblkman View Post
    My only question is WHY is this fight in Vegas??

Why not put it in Ohio?
    It sounds to me like NBC forced this fight to be in Vegas. Apparently Porter was set for the date at the MGM without an opponent and NBC/MGM wanted a legit fight and this is what they put together. That's what I got from the interview with Sean Porter and his father on the Boxing Voice on Sunday.

Comment

Ive hated on Broner as much as the next guy, but his resume is getting to be one of the best in the sport for an under 25 yr old. This is good fight even with a catchweight.

I think its harsh how often he gets compared to Berto

Comment

Good fight.

All the build up is going to be about they both violated Paulie Malinaggi.

Comment

I like the fight, but don't know if Porter can make the catchweight and be healthy. If he does, I think he wrecks Broner.

Comment

porter wins

Comment

The catchweight pisses me off. The rehydration makes me highly question Porter's health come fight night. I hope he's ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
                Good fight.

All the build up is going to be about they both violated Paulie Malinaggi.
                So who does Paulette root for in this case? The dude who stole your side piece, or the guy who walked through you like you were Kleenex tissue?

Tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  This is a great fight! I don't know why Porter agreed to a CW, but i'm glad he did, because this will be a good matchup! In fact, if Porter gets the KO, he might just hop over Thurman and Kell Brook, for a shot a Mayweather. I feel bad for Thurman, because there's no one for him to fight in June, that would make everyone want to see him fight Floyd. All Thurman can do is pray for Algeri and Broner to win!
                  Lamont Peterson
                  Devon Alexander
                  Johan Perez
                  Alfonso Gomez
                  Wale Omotoso
                  Karim Mayfield

Comment

CW and rehydration clause?!?...a lose lose for Broner!!...he won't get credit from me

Comment

A catch weight is bad enough, but a re hydration clause just comes across as giving AB all the help he needs from Uncle Al.

I like both fighters and its a good match-up, why they can't both fight a 147 is beyond me.

AB is getting far too much protection, it's embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                      X