Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner-Porter a Done Deal For June 20, NBC Primetime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only question is WHY is this fight in Vegas??

Why not put it in Ohio?

Comment

War Porter.....hope he out hustles, out guns and beats the brakes off Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Why would it be a boring defensive fight when neither of the 2 are defensive fighters?
        Wait and see, it sounds great on paper, but broner is going to stay away and not exchange toe to toe,and porter will get hesitent after a few rounds if he starts getting caught whit counters,thats just my opinion,how do you think it will go??

Comment

Originally posted by marzblkman View Post

Why not put it in Ohio?
          Mos def wouldve been better served there. Arent they both from Ohio?

Comment

This is a great fight! I don't know why Porter agreed to a CW, but i'm glad he did, because this will be a good matchup! In fact, if Porter gets the KO, he might just hop over Thurman and Kell Brook, for a shot a Mayweather. I feel bad for Thurman, because there's no one for him to fight in June, that would make everyone want to see him fight Floyd. All Thurman can do is pray for Algeri and Broner to win!

Comment

vs

Comment

Why not put it in Ohio?
                Believe me, I'd love a four-hour drive to cover this fight. But it's not the first in-state/in-country rivalry to land in Vegas. The entire Barrera-Morales trilogy took place in Vegas. So did the "Battle of Albuquerque" between Johnny Tapia and Danny Romero. Jones-Tarver I and II (although part III finally made its way to Florida)

Comment

Why not put it in Ohio?
                  very good question. maybe they are loading up the undercard.

Comment

Hell yeah!!!

But gonna have to record. Bought my Ward tix already

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
                      Wait and see, it sounds great on paper, but broner is going to stay away and not exchange toe to toe,and porter will get hesitent after a few rounds if he starts getting caught whit counters,thats just my opinion,how do you think it will go??
                      Broner is going to try to counter Porter coming in with his left hook. Porter is going to keep coming at him and will try to make it a rough, ugly fight but Broner has a decent inside game. Also Brook and Diaz had success pushing Porter back so I can see Broner trying to walk him down at certain points in the fight.

When I think about what each guy is going to want to do I don't see how it could be a defensive fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X