No announcement yet.

"Bob Arum is a Liar" - Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Bob Arum is a Liar" - Miguel Cotto

The Puerto Rican Miguel Cotto did not remain passive in the face of strong statements of the president of Top Rank, Todd duBoef and veteran promoter Bob Arum, who launched harsh criticism of the Puerto Rican fighter a few days ago after learning about the multibillion-dollar arms between the boxer and the novel promoter Roc Nation Sports.

Medium-stamped his signature on an agreement that guarantees you at least $ 50 million over three fights, unloaded weight champion against both, especially after Arum doubted his honesty and his word.

Cotto said he has not had verbal contact with Arum since the end of his contract in 2011 and that expressions of promoter are treated further proof of his lies.

Although Cotto gave no further details, said he recognized the reasons that drove while former champion Oscar de la Hoya and Floyd Mayweather Jr. undefeated reputed company promotion.

"First of all you ask Bob Arum, when after our contract ended in February 2011 he and I have sat to talk or discuss something less for a fight. At all times I have sat down with Todd duBoef. So what remains for me to say is that the man is already in age and is very liar, "Cotto said the spokesman.

"I have nothing to Bob Arum. You have not given me anything. What I have is a product of my effort. The money that Mr. Bob Arum Miguel Cotto was invested in money recovered on ten occasions. This is a business and from my signed in 2001 I was a business in the eyes of Top Rank. Here what has bothered to them (Todd and Bob) is no longer see anything, "he said in reference to what Top Rank expected to generate economically in the future combat in co-promotion with Cotto.

Cotto had previously said that his move to Roc Nation was a business decision motivated by the excellent treatment and offer received by the company.

But he also hinted that there were verbal agreements with duBoeff, related to him and his company, which were not met.

He also seemed upset by a scheme that he could detect, but which did not elaborate.

"Here one plus one is two in any language. Shall I and I have about the alleged connection with Todd duBoef me a blind eye, make me not am- morón-something to add to the account of Top Rank ?. No. They spent years doing the same practice. It has happened three boxers who have realized that: Oscar de la Hoya, Mayweather Jr., and now, Miguel Cotto. With the three has had the same situation with the same common denominator. That makes it arrive on time when you have to pull for him. I have no reason to stay with his arms crossed. So in short, the hassle of Arum and Todd are simply summarized by dollars and cents, "he said.

Source:

Im sorry for the translation guys, I did it the lazy way, using google.

Anyways Cotto pretty much certifies that Arum is a scumbag and stills from his fighters

Comment

No surprise there really. Hope Cotto gets his act together though, either vacates Lineal or fights someone decent.

Comment

"Miguel Cotto is Puerto Rican"-Bob Arum

That's 2 things I already knew.

Comment

Well you knew he'd play that card because it's a popular opinion and fans will eat it up.

If Cotto got a better deal at Roc Nation then good for him but he can't say that Arum and Top Rank did nothing for him.

He got easily schooled by Austin Trout and was on his way to gatekeeperhood before he went back to TR and they built him back up into a shot at the middleweight title against a crippled opponent after beating a complete bum in his previous fight.

They basically orchestrated this stage of his career where he is now able to command huge money. He should be a bit more grateful.

Comment

Short and sweet: " In Bob Arum's universe, 1 + 1 is not 2. He is a sheisty bastard who has played this game on Oscar, Floyd and eventually me as well... For this reason, Miguel Cotto sees NO value in continuing this business relationship and has chosen to move the fck on."

Comment

You usually don't promote fights or fighters by telling the truth~

Comment

of course arum is a scum, I understand Cotto, 50m if true, is a massive deal, but cotto should just drop that wbc belt, he will be Good boy'd

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Well you knew he'd play that card because it's a popular opinion and fans will eat it up.

If Cotto got a better deal at Roc Nation then good for him but he can't say that Arum and Top Rank did nothing for him.

He got easily schooled by Austin Trout and was on his way to gatekeeperhood before he went back to TR and they built him back up into a shot at the middleweight title against a crippled opponent after beating a complete bum in his previous fight.

They basically orchestrated this stage of his career where he is now able to command huge money. He should be a bit more grateful.
                  this, everything you said is true

Comment

Yeah sure Arum is a scumbag that lies all the time but Top Rank did wonders for Cotto. After he lost twice TR revived his career, it was Cotto's effort in the ring but even then, TR were still confident in him and got him the title shot at 160. That win pretty much got him that Jay Z deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X