No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Says He Was Sleepy, Knockdown Woke Him Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Says He Was Sleepy, Knockdown Woke Him Up

QUEBEC CITY - Undefeated light heavyweight contender Artur Beterbiev kept his perfect record intact with his seventh knockout in his seventh professional bout, finishing previously unbeaten Jeff Page Jr. at 2:21 of the second round.

Page (15-1, 10 KOs) surprised Beterbiev in the first, knocking down the former Russian amateur champion for the first time in his career. But Beterbiev (7-0, 7 KOs) stormed back in the second, roughed Page up in the inside and floored the Kansas native. Page beat the count but was dazed and Beterbiev finished him with a lead right hand that sent Page face-forward to the canvas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So both Kovalev and Beterbiev are chinny.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
      And Stevenson....

Comment

Anyone can get dropped. At the end of the day, another man is punching you in the face.

Comment

Wasn't much of a knockdown. Looked like a push in the replays.

Good seeing Beterbiev against a mover. Pity it didn't last a bit longer.

Comment

Because Stevenson has an iron chin

Comment

Beterbiev was off balance there. I don't think Kovalev is chinny either. Sure, he got caught cold once, but he wasn't hurt. We've never seen Kovalev wobbled.

Bellew wobbled Stevenson. Darnell Boone knocked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfocus View Post
                Beterbiev was off balance there. I don't think Kovalev is chinny either. Sure, he got caught cold once, but he wasn't hurt. We've never seen Kovalev wobbled.

Bellew wobbled Stevenson. Darnell Boone knocked him out.
                lool yeah off balance because of the punch, i was high on him but he's deff. too green he's not ready but his power could rescue him against anyone, i can see a good boxer taking him to school easily.

Comment

i don't see anything too worrying about the knock-down. i think he just became a bit impatient/complacent towards the end of the round. misjudged a few punches and neglected his guard. his eyes were clear and his legs were solid, so i don't think he's especially chinny. but perhaps the training wheels should stay on for another few fights.

Comment

He's got major power, steaming forward winging huge dangerous hooks. Prob a bad analogy but he reminds me of Tyson if you removed all his finesse/speed/movement. Very raw & strong though.

Yeah knockdown didn't look like he was hurt, whereas Kovalev was wobbled by Bhop a little in the last round. Though Kova seems to be a more rounded fighter for sure.
                    Last edited by Butt stuff; 12-20-2014, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X