No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roberto Ortiz: I was up at 9, miking clock to recover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    In the UK, it's 8, 9 and OUT. You're out on ten. It's not 10 and then out. He reached the count of 10 as he was rising. It's called being "counted out in the act of rising".
    MoQ rules, its ten and out - not 8,9, and OUT. You are given 10 seconds, not up to 10 seconds.

"If either man falls through weakness or otherwise, he must get up unassisted, 10 seconds to be allowed him to do so, the other man meanwhile to return to his corner, and when the fallen man is on his legs the round is to be resumed and continued until the three minutes have expired. If one man fails to come to the scratch in the 10 seconds allowed, it shall be in the power of the referee to give his award in favour of the other man."

Im sure someone here will interpret this differently.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
      MoQ rules, its ten and out - not 8,9, and OUT. You are given 10 seconds, not up to 10 seconds.

"If either man falls through weakness or otherwise, he must get up unassisted, 10 seconds to be allowed him to do so, the other man meanwhile to return to his corner, and when the fallen man is on his legs the round is to be resumed and continued until the three minutes have expired. If one man fails to come to the scratch in the 10 seconds allowed, it shall be in the power of the referee to give his award in favour of the other man."

Im sure someone here will interpret this differently.
      I was talking about in the UK. It's 8, 9 and OUT. But I'm sure that's the case everywhere.

I don't see why it would be 10 and then out. That means you're given 11 seconds

Comment

dirk is right...............

Comment

ortiz wasn't robbed of the fight. he was clearly overmatched and was afraid to fight matthysse. the ones who were robbed last night were us fans from witnessing a brutal finish.

Comment

It's 8, 9, and out. The wave is the 10 seconds, if the ref counted 10 and took another second to wave out, then it would be an 11 count.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              I was talking about in the UK. It's 8, 9 and OUT. But I'm sure that's the case everywhere.

I don't see why it would be 10 and then out. That means you're given 11 seconds
              Not how I interpret the rule. But I have seen refs count someone out in both manners. In any case, it's a good question for a pro ref. I see Pat Russell every now and again. Next time I see him, Im gonna get his take.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                The ref didn't stop Ortiz because he didn't beat the count, he stopped him because of the mouthpiece.
                Its more common for a ref to deduct a point than to stop the fight because of the fighter spitting out the mouth piece.

Comment

Esteves was probably trained in the UK. What is it with refs being so trigger happy, let the damn fighters fight

Comment

I feel like ref's think that if a fighter lets it go to 9 and tries getting up at 9, they believe the fighter truly doesn't want to continue so he tries to have a delayed get up at 9 on purpose so the ref can mercifully take him out of the fight. It gives plenty of excuse afterwards also to argue that he wanted to continue, etc. At the same time, Benjy should have let it continue because it was only rd 2 and the dude was fresh. At this point he's going to probably disappear and never be heard of again, all because of this bad call.
                    I don't know, it's 50/50 on the blame. I blame fighter for taking his chance waiting until 9 and half to get up, and I blame ref for not letting him continue despite it being so early.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Esteves was probably trained in the UK. What is it with refs being so trigger happy, let the damn fighters fight
                      Trained in the UK where we know how to count to 10, you mean?

Comment

Working...
                      X