No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photo: Pacquiao, Algieri Size Up at Commercial Shoot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Photo: Pacquiao, Algieri Size Up at Commercial Shoot

Los Angeles,California --- "DAY 9" --- (L-R) Superstar Manny Pacquiao and New York's undefeated (20-0) WBO Jr. Welterweight champion Chris Algieri pose together during a commercial shoot Tuesday ,on 'Day 9' of their worldwide tour.

Pacquiao and Algieri , along with their respective trainers Freddie Roach and Tim Lane, promoters Bob Arum, Joe DeGuardia and Artie Pelullo, and Ed Tracy, President and CEO of Sands China Ltd., are on a 27,273-Mile Media Tour, that began on Monday, August 25 at The Venetian Macao. The 12-day tour includes press conferences or public and private appearances scheduled for Macau, Shanghai, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and New York. [Click Here To Read More]

Manny might actually be a giant Dwarf, similar to Gary Russell Jr.

Manny is built like a caveman, big head, short stocky legs, big bones, big wrists, fists and feet for his height and Cankles.

Dude is really the meaning of short and stocky.

Comment

Going to be an awkward fight for Pacquiao to deal with the size, long jab and overall movement of Algieri

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        Going to be an awkward fight for Pacquiao to deal with the size, long jab and overall movement of Algieri
        Yeah this fight kinda reminds me of Paul Williams vs Sharmba Mitchell in terms of size difference Paul was much taller than Sharmba and Sharmba had so much trouble trying to get in on Paul.

If Pacman beats Algieri his status as a legendary boxer goes up, because he is fighting a guy who has the style nightmare for him, tall, long, high stamina, high punch output, and fast feet and always backing up.

Style for Style Chris should win, he has the style to beat a smaller guy like Pac.

Comment

Algieri is gonna get the shlt beat out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Yeah this fight kinda reminds me of Paul Williams vs Sharmba Mitchell in terms of size difference Paul was much taller than Sharmba and Sharmba had so much trouble trying to get in on Paul.

If Pacman beats Algieri his status as a legendary boxer goes up, because he is fighting a guy who has the style nightmare for him, tall, long, high stamina, high punch output, and fast feet and always backing up.

Style for Style Chris should win, he has the style to beat a smaller guy like Pac.
            His legendary status goes up, because Algieri is tall and throws a lot?

My god. At what point do we just accept that the reason Pacquiao is going to beat the doors off of Algieri, is because he's just a whole hell of a lot better than Algieri is?

I understand that some Pacquaio fans wanna try and turn this into something meaningful, but it's not. It's Pacquiao and a guy who barely got past Provodnikov.

And as good as that Provodnikov win was, he's still going to get his ass beat by Manny. Because he's just not near as good.

Comment

LOL at least Manny fights his stylistic nightmares with no fear.

Don't matter how tall or lengthy, this lil ***** will throw hands with u.

Comment

Algeiri has all the physical advantages

Pacquiao needs to bring his A game cuz this dude would beat every other champ at 147 fairly easily including Maidana

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                    His legendary status goes up, because Algieri is tall and throws a lot?

My god. At what point do we just accept that the reason Pacquiao is going to beat the doors off of Algieri, is because he's just a whole hell of a lot better than Algieri is?

I understand that some Pacquaio fans wanna try and turn this into something meaningful, but it's not. It's Pacquiao and a guy who barely got past Provodnikov.

And as good as that Provodnikov win was, he's still going to get his ass beat by Manny. Because he's just not near as good.
                    Throw resumes out the window, I could give a crap about them, you don't study boxing, you just go off of status and accomplishments.

Yes Manny has a great resume and accomplished a lot, but that means jack all when you analyze styles. Chris has the style to give him trouble and actually beat him, show me a fight when Pac fought a taller guy who moved back a lot and he actually put on a bad whooping, The Mosley fight is an example of Pac having trouble with movers, Mosley ran all night and besides the knock down Pacman had cramped up and difficulty reaching Mosley. The differnce is Chris will actually pepper Pacman with jabs and is 3 inches taller than Mosley, also Mosley was washed up and Chris is in his prime and craving and hungry for the spotlight.

Chris heart alone showed me he is no push over, most guys who are undefeated and never been tested would crumble after the first round when his eye was shut closed, what Chris showed is he is worthy, no quit in him, and he finds a way to win and fight his heart out.

This is not a job interview a resume is not going to win you a fight, if it was a job interview and they both went in with a resume Pac gets the job because of his accolade and experience, but judge a fight for a fight, judge it on the style and intangibles.

And dont leave out that this is not the pac of 3 years ago, this is a slower and older Pac, who no longer has the fast feet he once had to close the distance.
                    Last edited by hectari; 09-02-2014, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X