No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez Powers Past Shane Mosley To Retain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post
    This was a fixed fight to elevate Canelo.

Nuff said!
    Your an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzer101 View Post
      Neither did Floyd or PAC so what's your point?
      Thank you!

Comment

good fight

shane came 2 fight at least and he took some vicious shotsto the face but kept givin bak lol

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
          Mosley was backpedaling against pac ..and pac managed to at least knock him down though...
          So what he got his ass whooped against Floyd no knock downs and he got his ass whooped against PAC and he got whooped tonight. Did canello get hurt tonight?

Comment

We've always known Shane had a great chin, now we know Alvarez can take a shot as well.

Anyway, Shane needs to either retire or give his old pal Victor Conte a call.

Comment

Originally posted by brains4boxing View Post
              shane came 2 fight at least and he took some vicious shotsto the face but kept givin bak lol
              yeah, remarkable resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
                We've always known Shane had a great chin, now we know Alvarez can take a shot as well.

Anyway, Shane needs to either retire or give his old pal Victor Conte a call.
                Exactly....Shane has only been down twice in his career, once by Vernon (RIP) and once by PAC....give Canello some props.

Comment

I think those body shots completely zapped Mosely by round 4. He almost acted like he was in lala land, and he had absolutely NO power. It was a bit painfull to watch TBH. Something I noticed about Shane (esp. in the Pacquiao fight) is that he's gotten so used to doing the one punch and tie up routine, that he ends up taking a hell of a lot more abuse while just trying to get a hold of his opponent. Another thing he does that just drives me batty, and in a simular way that Diego Corralles (RIP) used to do it - he spends all this time and effort going forward and stalking his opponent, and when he gets in there HE DOESN'T THROW FARKKING PUNCHES. Then eventually he just ends up holding on. I will admit that atleast Mosely TRIED in this fight (even though he seemed to be a bit in zombie land) a LOT more then he did in the Pacquiao fight. I swear, I thought maybe Shane took a couple of tokes from the green cigarette in between rounds or something [sarcasm]. Dude just seemed out of it.

Canelo looks good, I actually thought he might KO Mosely... especially after about the 9th round when Mosely kept putting his head down while they were on the inside. I thought forsure it was gonna be a killer uppercut. Canelo seemed to have shown Mosely quite a bit of respect. I thought in the first round (when Canelo threw maybe 3 punches) that he was trying to let Mosely get comfortable and let him press the action and feel like he was in control and confident. Great tactic, actually. Although I thought he should of done it for another round or so (slowly increasing the pace) and then in say round 4 just go at him fast and hard. I kept thinking Alvarez would pick up the pace and really go after him, but he never seemed to go at him that hard. Again, I thought he could have gotten Mosely out of there if he had really gone for it, but that's just my opinion.

It wasn't a bad fight though. But I think I heard a little Mike Tyson in Moselys interview LOL. "When you start gettng beat by these young guys (Tyson said 'guys of this caliber), it might be time to do some thinking."

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    @ people still hating on Canelo ....
                    that's what I'm saying... Haters gonna hate! Canelo looked bad ass tonight.

Comment

hats off to canelo mayweather and pac get credit for beating him so lets give canelo the credit he deserves and hes only 21 take a bow son

Comment

Working...
                      X