No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steward: Cotto Rematch With Margarito Would Be Tough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Steward: Cotto Rematch With Margarito Would Be Tough

If a year-end rematch takes shape between Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito, veteran trainer Emanuel Steward predicts a very tough fight. Margarito stopped Cotto in the eleventh round of their 2008 match to give the Puerto Rican star the first loss of his career. Because of the hand wraps incident, Margarito's win, according to some, has been stained.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Respect for Manny Steward he could have changed his opinion on the Margarito situation but he didnt

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      If a year-end rematch takes shape between Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito, veteran trainer Emanuel Steward predicts a very tough fight. Margarito stopped Cotto in the eleventh round of their 2008 match to give the Puerto Rican star the first loss of his career. Because of the hand wraps incident, Margarito's win, according to some, has been stained.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      I respect Manny Stewart but come on Manny. He makes it sound like the hands wraps meant nothing because Margs was in great shape...well to that. On the flip side I do agree 100% that Margs was not in the mind set for the Mosley fight after being busted for the wraps, just like Tito vs Bhop.

Comment

Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
        I respect Manny Stewart but come on Manny. He makes it sound like the hands wraps meant nothing because Margs was in great shape...well to that. On the flip side I do agree 100% that Margs was not in the mind set for the Mosley fight after being busted for the wraps, just like Tito vs Bhop.
        As much as I like Tito, B-hop will beat him 10 out of ten times

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          People seem to forget how well Cotto was doing before the second half of the fight...right about when the plaster would be hardening. margachito might have as much conditioning as...Pacquiao for instance, but he is not nearly as fast, his defense is substandard and he is an arm puncher.

Comment

plus the fact that he hit cotto with the left hand(loaded hand) more than thrity times during the end of the fight. He knew he had those wraps loaded. **** that mexican jelly bean

Comment

I agree with Steward up to a certain point. Yes there was most definitely some mental "focus" problems for Margo when the Commission and Brother Naseem were snooping around in the dressing room before the fight. But what is harder to explain is the fact that Margo stepped on the scale the day before at something like 145 which is uncharacteristic for him. Even more mind boggling is the skeleton frame Margo had at the stare down which looked like he was unofficially (maybe) 152 lbs. On the flipside, I can remember a slew of recent Margo fights where he always rehydrated to 161/162 vs. PWill, Golden J, Kermit II, Cotto... Barring a flu or some major cold, I have a hard time thinking that Margo overtrained or simply wanted to be as light as possible thinking Shane would be on his bicycle all night.

Comment

i wouldn't just give him a rematch. i'd make him earn it by beating a couple of top 10 guys in the division. how bout a santos rematch? then paul williams, and then maybe cotto, if he wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by tomatocantender View Post
                  I agree with Steward up to a certain point. Yes there was most definitely some mental "focus" problems for Margo when the Commission and Brother Naseem were snooping around in the dressing room before the fight. But what is harder to explain is the fact that Margo stepped on the scale the day before at something like 145 which is uncharacteristic for him. Even more mind boggling is the skeleton frame Margo had at the stare down which looked like he was unofficially (maybe) 152 lbs. On the flipside, I can remember a slew of recent Margo fights where he always rehydrated to 161/162 vs. PWill, Golden J, Kermit II, Cotto... Barring a flu or some major cold, I have a hard time thinking that Margo overtrained or simply wanted to be as light as possible thinking Shane would be on his bicycle all night.
                  his unofficial weight was 160; so was mosley's. was mosley drained too?

Comment

Originally posted by Elbichogrande View Post
                    plus the fact that he hit cotto with the left hand(loaded hand) more than thrity times during the end of the fight. He knew he had those wraps loaded. **** that mexican jelly bean
                    lol really there is no proof that Margo had loaded gloves in that fight cotto better stay far away from Margarito once he beats you one time he has your number

Comment

Working...
                    X