Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruiz: "Haye is a Credit to British Boxing, Worthy Champ"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait until this clown is on that canvas and out of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
      Problem is, the Klitschkos have no match in the power department. People tend to think that because the hands are slow, they don't hit hard. Imagine every jab feeling like a Tyson power shot, that's why most of their opponents don't come to fight, they feel the jab and think "god this isn't the jab, it can't be." But it is. Haye's only chance is to either develop ALLOT more power, I'm talking about the 1 punch KO kind of power (which i thought he had but apparently left at cruiserweight) or a much better defense. If old Ruiz can land the jab it's safe to say the best jabbers in the devision also can. I didn't like how Haye felt some of those shots by Ruiz. He still feels like a cruiser. He isn't ready yet.

Great post, Am also alarmed at the rate which Ruiz was able to land his left jab, Wlad would have had a field day with his better, longer and stiffer left Jab and Vitali would have KO within 7 rounds based on the ruiz performance, But Haye is very quick with his shots and if he land on Wlad then he might have a decent chance.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
        Haye quicker than Jones?

I mean it's possible, or is it?
        With this glory-seeking, bombastic, fantasizing Briton, ANYTHING is possible..........in the imagination department.

Comment

Haye is athletic and has some speed, but Roy hit Ruiz more often and made him miss more often. The power goes to Haye, but the speed still goes to Roy.

Comment

I think Ruiz was probably not counting Jones. Quick as Haye is, he isn't as quick as Jones was. Ruiz shows a lot of class with these comments though.

I agree with the general theory that Haye would have a lot of trouble with either Klitschko judging by the amount of jabs that he took from Ruiz, but it isn't clear cut. While it didn't impress me that Haye took so many jabs, he did manage to take the sting out of virtually every punch he took by rolling with each punch, which is very important considering his chin. It also should be noted that Ruiz didn't land many power shots, which is also very important, considering Haye's chin again. I still give Haye a reasonable chance of beating Vitali Klitschko, who I feel is showing his age and doesn't have the one-punch power to deter Haye. Wladimir is another fight entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              THE ‘Fergie Factor’ inspired David Haye to a first successful defence of his WBA world heavy- weight title.

Haye says that a pre-fight visit to Old Trafford on Saturday provided him with just the right kind of buzz he needed ahead of his victory over John Ruiz.

The Londoner paraded on the pitch with his WBA belt ahead of Manchester United’s game with Chelsea just hours before his big fight.

Although Sir Alex Ferguson’s team lost that particular battle, Haye took so much from the atmosphere at the game that he felt he simply couldn’t lose. [Click Here To Read More]
              haye schooled ruiz for 9 rounds till he couldnt take no more...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFairPole View Post
                Poor Ruiz took too many rabit punches in that fight.
                Yeah, and it's strange to see him being so generous to Haye. I don't mind Ruiz was in better shape, but IMHO that was a dirty win by Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
                  even quicker than roy??
                  Maybe he meant "He’s quicker than anyone I’ve ever fought at heavyweight"

Roy Jones Jr fought Ruiz at 193lbs = What we call a cruiser-opponent nowadays.

Comment

Ruiz was a real nice guy when it met him on sat. He just has a good nature i suppose.

If people dont think Haye is ready to deal the Klits jabs as yet who would be a perfect tune up fight ready to take on vlad later this year????

Alexander Ustinov,Robert Helenius, Denis Boytsov, Alexander Povetkin ???????

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
                      Ruiz was a real nice guy when it met him on sat. He just has a good nature i suppose.

If people dont think Haye is ready to deal the Klits jabs as yet who would be a perfect tune up fight ready to take on vlad later this year????

Alexander Ustinov,Robert Helenius, Denis Boytsov, Alexander Povetkin ???????
                      None of those guys fight anything like the Klits. I guess Helenius would be the closest.

Comment

Working...
                      X