Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruiz: "Haye is a Credit to British Boxing, Worthy Champ"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Ruiz: "Haye is a Credit to British Boxing, Worthy Champ"

THE ‘Fergie Factor’ inspired David Haye to a first successful defence of his WBA world heavy- weight title.

Haye says that a pre-fight visit to Old Trafford on Saturday provided him with just the right kind of buzz he needed ahead of his victory over John Ruiz.

The Londoner paraded on the pitch with his WBA belt ahead of Manchester United’s game with Chelsea just hours before his big fight.

Although Sir Alex Ferguson’s team lost that particular battle, Haye took so much from the atmosphere at the game that he felt he simply couldn’t lose. [Click Here To Read More]

Ruiz said: “He’s quicker than anyone I’ve ever fought."

Interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by Duckweather View Post

Interesting..
      even quicker than roy??

Comment

Originally posted by ALLTIMEGREAT View Post
        even quicker than roy??
        presumably thats what he meant

Comment

classy dude.

Haye has to be one of the most athletic heavyweights in decades. cept for probably roy jones jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
            classy dude.

Haye has to be one of the most athletic heavyweights in decades. cept for probably roy jones jr.
            Problem is, the Klitschkos have no match in the power department. People tend to think that because the hands are slow, they don't hit hard. Imagine every jab feeling like a Tyson power shot, that's why most of their opponents don't come to fight, they feel the jab and think "god this isn't the jab, it can't be." But it is. Haye's only chance is to either develop ALLOT more power, I'm talking about the 1 punch KO kind of power (which i thought he had but apparently left at cruiserweight) or a much better defense. If old Ruiz can land the jab it's safe to say the best jabbers in the devision also can. I didn't like how Haye felt some of those shots by Ruiz. He still feels like a cruiser. He isn't ready yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckweather View Post

Interesting..
              same thing in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                Problem is, the Klitschkos have no match in the power department. People tend to think that because the hands are slow, they don't hit hard. Imagine every jab feeling like a Tyson power shot, that's why most of their opponents don't come to fight, they feel the jab and think "god this isn't the jab, it can't be." But it is. Haye's only chance is to either develop ALLOT more power, I'm talking about the 1 punch KO kind of power (which i thought he had but apparently left at cruiserweight) or a much better defense. If old Ruiz can land the jab it's safe to say the best jabbers in the devision also can. I didn't like how Haye felt some of those shots by Ruiz. He still feels like a cruiser. He isn't ready yet.
                I think Haye definetly has the power to KO Wladimir. But I agree that Klitschkos jab will probably be too much for Haye to overcome.

He needs MUCH better head movement. But Haye DEFINETLY has a solid shot at toppling the Klitschkos. He isnt a no hoper at all. Id put him at a 2.5 or 3-1 underdog against either klitschko.

Its an uphill battle, but a winnable one cause Haye is so athletic and powerful and strong

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                  Good post, but the Klitschkos aren't slow.

Vitali has deceptively fast hands.

Wlad has excellent handspeed.

Everyone said "Fast" Eddie Chambers has the fastest hands in the HW division before the Klitschko/Chambers fight.

Wlad was too fast for "Fast" Eddie. Wlad completely dominated every round and brutally KO'd Chambers.
                  Last edited by Steelhammer2011; 04-04-2010, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Haye quicker than Jones?

I mean it's possible, or is it?

Comment

Working...
                    X