Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ hype train will end here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ hype train? are we back in like 2015? how is an about to be 35 year old multiple time world champion who has been one of the biggest stars in boxing for a decade a "hype train" waiting to be derailed? I think its pretty clear to everyone that AJ is not quite the cream of the crop, we've known it for years, but hes certainly no hype job either, and most things point towards him being better than Dubois by a clear margin.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
      AJ hype train? are we back in like 2015? how is an about to be 35 year old multiple time world champion who has been one of the biggest stars in boxing for a decade a "hype train" waiting to be derailed? I think its pretty clear to everyone that AJ is not quite the cream of the crop, we've known it for years, but hes certainly no hype job either, and most things point towards him being better than Dubois by a clear margin.
      Agree. It's insane. He's one of the best in the division and has been for a decade. Regardless of what happens in that fight, calling him a 'hype job' is just an objectively poor opinion.

That said, I've always liked Dubois and I see a fighter getting pretty comfortable with himself. He's not smart, he's not silky, he's a bit goofy, but he can really smash out a damaging jab and he can finish anyone with the right. He's a fun fighter to watch.

Should a very entertaining fight. My money is on Joshua as the faster, better boxer and more experienced fighter at the top level but there's no sleeping on Dubois' chances for me.
      kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Haka View Post

Fat Andy already shown the blueprint, AJ is exactly the same fighter.
        Getting knocked down heavily and then landing a counter when AJ goes wild looking for a finish?

I mean it could happen, but AJ seems to be more patient now

As for a blueprint, it's not one I would recommend. Could hurt a lot.
        Last edited by M312; 09-21-2024, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
          AJ has grown a lot with his experience and losses. He blasts out Dubois in the mid to late rounds, watch this space.

I think he hasnt. that is the story they want to tell but i think his last opponents after the Usyk loss are all handpicked, they had names but they were zero threat. dubois will go for the ko and he has power and pressure. AJ will fold under pressure yet again and show us he never really changed.

El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

This fight is not going to the cards, it's a KO. AJ blast him out mid rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
              Hype started after the win against 41 year Wlad who was winning but faded in the later rounds. Then Ruiz mopped the floor with him and in the meantime lost two times decisively against Usyk. All that multiple world champion, and resurrection talk is BS, it depends on how you are matched, AJ just got good matchmakers that wanted to protect their assets.
              El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Haka View Post

There is no 2018 AJ, that is all smoke and mirrors.
                AJ will knock Dubois out. Dubois does not have the fluidity, foot movement, and experience to defeat Joshua. We will find out soon.

Comment

Dubois is on a hype train of his own. He beat an extremely overweight (for his standards) Miller and an untested Hrgovic. Hrgovic consistently found a home for his straight right. That will likely be the punch that hurts DDD and leads to the KO. If AJ was older with more mileage, I would give Dubois a better chance. But I believe AJ is still in his physical prime.

Last edited by kiaba360; 09-21-2024, 08:00 AM.

Comment

If it goes past 5, Dubois is very much in with a chance.

No doubt both have power to get a knockout, so you couldn't be too shocked if either gets knocked out. I just think AJ is a bit better all round and it'll show early. I think

However, Dubois has underrates work rate and stamina and can keep up a decent work rate late in the fight. If he's still there halfway through, the tide might turn in his favour. I predict AJ does him before the fifth though, he'll be too sharp early.
                    Last edited by deathofaclown; 09-21-2024, 10:17 AM.

Comment

What hype train? Joshua is one of the most proven heavyweights in the last 15 years.

He has fought: Klitschko, Povetkin, Parker, Whyte, Ruiz 2x, Usyk 2x....

Is he the best of this era? No. Is he top 3 experienced hw of this era? Sure.

Even if Dubois knocks him out, he still has a long road to go to have the same career as Joshua has.
                      Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 09-21-2024, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X