• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haka probably drinking his winnings away

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

Found out alright
      Yes. And I will admit that I was way wrong on this one. Dubois came out like a man with a mission and he surely completed that mission in style. I haven't seen AJ in this much trouble before. It is as Frank predicted, AJ might have the experience but at some point, the younger fighter will take over. I am surprised by how mobile and aggressive Dubois was from the start. He was getting hit against Hrgovic at will in the initial rounds and I didn't think he would last long against AJ with that. Glad they worked hard and improved massively.

Other than that, you can see that AJ was pumped up for this one and must have really felt this loss (and being knocked out cold for the first time). I think this loss will hurt him more than Ruiz and Usyk combined. But Warren has been having a field day against Eddy in the Riyadh season. First the 5-0 and now his fighter knocking out Hearn's golden goose.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post

Yes. And I will admit that I was way wrong on this one. Dubois came out like a man with a mission and he surely completed that mission in style. I haven't seen AJ in this much trouble before. It is as Frank predicted, AJ might have the experience but at some point, the younger fighter will take over. I am surprised by how mobile and aggressive Dubois was from the start. He was getting hit against Hrgovic at will in the initial rounds and I didn't think he would last long against AJ with that. Glad they worked hard and improved massively.

Other than that, you can see that AJ was pumped up for this one and must have really felt this loss (and being knocked out cold for the first time). I think this loss will hurt him more than Ruiz and Usyk combined. But Warren has been having a field day against Eddy in the Riyadh season. First the 5-0 and now his fighter knocking out Hearn's golden goose.
        It was a golden goose but to Eddies credit it was a artificial created golden goose.
        El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Def watched it
          My dumb ass was wronged. It sucks, unfortunately, oh well.

Comment

Oh yeah, tell me more
            I was wrong, and I'm not mad at it either! This was THE time for Dubois to have a emphatic performance, and he did so. It's the sort of victory that boxers dream about: title fight, huge crowd, big named opponent, and you're the underdog.

I'm an AJ fan, but one of my core tenets as a boxing fan is "Out with the old, in with the new". Fans complain that guys like AJ, Fury, Wilder are hogging up the spotlight.....well it's the younger fighter's duty to knock them off from their pedestal. Dubois fulfilled his duty last night. If AJ had beaten him, then Dubois simply wasn't ready for the position. My hope is that the UK fans get behind Dubois so that there will be more Wembley nights.

Last edited by kiaba360; 09-22-2024, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Great question lol
              Moot point because OP correctly called the destruction of AJ. I didn't think Dubois had it in him, but AJ looked terrible. Like he was taking cues from Ngannou. And DDD is on an absolute tear. Have to give that man his props. One of the best comebacks from being labeled a quitter.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Moot point because OP correctly called the destruction of AJ. I didn't think Dubois had it in him, but AJ looked terrible. Like he was taking cues from Ngannou. And DDD is on an absolute tear. Have to give that man his props. One of the best comebacks from being labeled a quitter.
                I never believed he quit against Joyce, his eye was gone. He did kind of quit against usyk, but doesn't mean Josh could take ddd to that point of feeling need to quit.
                Plus every boxer has potential to quit at any point, even if they never have, there's a first timr for everything.
                So to me there was never a reason to write ddd off from achieving big things

Comment

Working...
                X