Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is David Benavidez Ripe To Be Upset By Gvozdyk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Is David Benavidez Ripe To Be Upset By Gvozdyk?

No matter how hard David Benavidez trained, no matter what he said at Tuesday's grand arrivals in Las Vegas and no matter what he's done in the ring before this, his Saturday night light-heavyweight bout against Oleksandr Gvozdyk is a trap fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No
    he is not
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Tough fight for El Monstruo

Comment

Is he looking ahead? Distracted? Nursing an injury no one has owned up to in his camp? Planning on taking some shots of tequila on his ring walk?

If the answers to all these questions is "no", than he has zero reasons to lose.

Comment

Agree that this is a trap fight for Benavidez. Benavidez is moving up in weight and Gvodzyk, despite aging and being inactive at the top level for years, is still a former LHW champ with a difficult style to matchup with for him and whose only loss is to one of the most dangerous guys on the planet. Still think Benavidez is gonna get the W, but not without some difficult moments before he eventually takes over and gets him outta there. All in all, this a very good matchup for both guys(at least on paper).

Comment

I had a few dollars on Gvodzyk just because the odds are so high on him, I think he will be leading the cards for awhile, biggest worry is he fades while DB comes on.
            Its a good test for David at the higher weight and you can see how much fuller in the face he is at this late stage from when he makes 168..

Comment

Canelo would like that.
              Don2021 Don2021 Basco Basco like this.

Comment

"Benavidez dominated me in sparring" - Gvozdyk

There's your answer, smart arses.
                Btw, I'm sure your friend Sampson will thank you for the promotion.
                TroofTeller TroofTeller likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                  Canelo would like that.
                  for sure... but it also mean that Gvozdyk beats Nelo....

Comment

Ive always like The Nail, he's an entertaining fighter and he has very nice offensive skills. His defense isnt always the best and I'm not sure what his durability is like especially at his age and after the Beterbiev fight.

I feel like the style matchup and the variables involved don't favor the Ukrainian fighter. I see Benavidez by mid to late rounds stoppage.
                    pnut901 pnut901 Ropeydope Ropeydope like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X