Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Drive" is one of the best movies in the last 10 years.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Drive" is one of the best movies in the last 10 years.

I dont say this lightly....

It will be nominated for numerous Oscar's

I went in knowing the movie has had very good reactions in screenings....but i had know idea with what i would be witnessing.....

and that would be greatness

I will not go into a synopsis of the film because if and when you see it....i want everything the be fresh and new to you.....because its a movie you will never forget your first time viewing.

Of course there will be numerous naysayers of the film. I can think of a few on this website that will make their way to this thread just to troll. Yes it has certain resemblances to old movies....but what movie doesnt now of days?

This is a modern classic, hands down.

this is NOT a hollywood blockbuster. But rather a stylish, violent, and riveting movie.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE IN THEATERS!!!!!!!!

you will regret it if you dont

I was kinda surprised it got good reviews. I'll try to check it out next weekend. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

It better be every damn as good as you say it is or else expect an encounter from a random black guy you don't know next week.

Comment

It was pretty good IMO.

But it depends on what people prefer. It was good in terms of stylish aesthetics, it might not be enough for other people to overlook some of the empty scenes of no dialogue, with not much happening.

A lot of people I talked to were disappointed in the lack of actual driving, seeing that's what the movie and title was promoted on.

Comment

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
          I was kinda surprised it got good reviews. I'll try to check it out next weekend. Thanks for the recommendation.
          I hope you enjoy it as much as i have......ive seen in twice....it was released on friday

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
          It better be every damn as good as you say it is or else expect an encounter from a random black guy you don't know next week.
          I dont know your taste but critics and award committees will agree this is a VERY good movie

DONT expect a blockbuster

this is not that type of movie

the action in this movie happens when it HAS to...not just just satisfy the audience.

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
          It was pretty good IMO.

But it depends on what people prefer. It was good in terms of stylish aesthetics, it might not be enough for other people to overlook some of the empty scenes of no dialogue, with not much happening.

A lot of people I talked to were disappointed in the lack of actual driving, seeing that's what the movie and title was promoted on.
          I think a lot will be offset by the violence if anything

i loved everything about this movie....Ryan Gosling was like a cowboy/samurai characters of old movies

calm, collected, skilled, and dangerous

i loved the silent scenes and lack of dialogue......the acting really shined.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

And this is a personal observation at the Theater.

A lot of people, especially females, started laughing at the awkwardness of some of the scenes between Driver and the female, with her asking him something/or making a comment, and him not responding or giving a rather delayed response. The laughter in the theater took away some of the seriousness of the movie.

Last edited by cupocity303; 09-18-2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

cupocity....please edit you last post...it could be a spoiler

Comment

I liked it good drama... But yeah I was expecting car chases explosions all the sha**** but I liked it...

Comment

ive had this song stuck in my head since seeing the movie

Comment

is that the movie with the white guy that stares at chicks and makes them cream right there on the spot or the other movie with the other white guy with a tattoo on his arm that says "driver"

Comment

Working...
                    X