Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

people who write off Luke Campbell with Linares performance, need to understand this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
    Well plenty of people think this, comments on youtube but also some on this forum,
    He lost to Linares but as i said his father died a couple weeks before the fight, people don't factor things in like this, they think,oo he lost to linares,he's a bum,wich in my opinion they are very wrong, he's not the best fighter in the world, but i think he's a lot better then they are giving him credit for
    I like your posts in this thread. People have a bad night sleeping at least once a week but God forbid you have a bad night in a boxing ring. If you can have a bad night sleeping which requires zero athletic ability why can't you have a bad night in boxing ESPECIALLY given the circumstances of Campbell?

Comment

But performances can suffer under difficult situations and circumstances in a fighter's personal life,i'm not making a case that Campbell would be his best win ever if he wins, but i think he's a lot better then the people who re saying he's a bum and it will be easy work
      Anybody calling Luke Campbell a bum or easy work, are most likely just Lomachenko detractors or haters.
      Yes, I've seen the comments. It's actually ridiculous talk and you probably should not even take it seriously. People saying that are the tribal fight fans and NOT the real objective boxing fans.
      But thank-you for making that point about the loss of his father and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        I like your posts in this thread. People have a bad night sleeping at least once a week but God forbid you have a bad night in a boxing ring. If you can have a bad night sleeping which requires zero athletic ability why can't you have a bad night in boxing ESPECIALLY given the circumstances of Campbell?
        your absolutely correct, you see this sports like soccer and maybe american football or basketball where the play every week,and everybody will now and then have a bad game, even if all the rest around you is as optimal as can be, your not going to be perfect overtime you compete, people should factor that in what we don't din boxing we judge to quickly, and then the fact that his father passed away, i think if you have a normal good relationship with your father, it will be incredibly emotionally difficult, your mind will not be a 100 procreant with your sport and how can it be, it's your father, that's hard.
        he still did good considering that, some people might perform better then other wanting to win for their father,but not everyone is the same, there will be other people and i think generally more, who are not a 100 procent mentally, and in boxing you need your concentration and calm and clear mind to perform your best, if your not Deontay wilder, he can have a bad day and still with one punch end it,however most fighters cannot

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
          Anybody calling Luke Campbell a bum or easy work, are most likely just Lomachenko detractors or haters.
          Yes, I've seen the comments. It's actually ridiculous talk and you probably should not even take it seriously. People saying that are the tribal fight fans and NOT the real objective boxing fans.
          But thank-you for making that point about the loss of his father and what not.
          i know a lot of them are detractors and don't want to give him credit for a winner if it's more difficult then like they say a walk over, they can talk ***** and you know how it is, these peoples mind i won't change, this i knows made thread for people who read many people say he's a bum,another bum for Loma,Lost from Linares etcetera, so they know Campbell is actually a decent fighter, who had tribals and tribulations, and not see every loss or bad performance as black and white and some make it out to be,that he's actually very talented and good boxer that won a gold medal, but due too problems outside off boxing has reached yet what he's capable off, but that he's doing better in his life now and his performances are showing that, this won't be the same Campbell fighting Loma as the Campbell that was fighting Linares

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            I rate Campbell

His two losses have come after serious problems in his life. He had some real problems in the build up
            to the Mendy fight with his team and then losing his old man just before the Linares fight

Not that people should make excuses but he’s one fighter that has legitimate reasons

The guy is a very good boxer, rangey for the weight and can crack with his back hand. He’s very underrated because his career never really gained momentum and he become a forgotten man at times but far more talented than pretty much any other British fighter around.

I think Loma will probably be too good but a fully focused Campbell might arguably beat any other lightweight on his day.
            i agree and i'm not making excuses for his losses, but a loss is not always black and white, sometimes there are reasons under the surface one performs less then their best, you can't rate fighters only on their losses and worst performances ,and also not only looking at their best, always analyse and understand,
            -Did he mose because the other guy was just better,
            -did he lose because he's actually not that good,
            -did he lose because he didn't train good enough,
            -did he lose because unforseen circumstance's that impacted his performance, and actually is better then he performed, when actually he would have been wiser to cancel the fight.
            -did he loose because the other guy was just better or he's not very good himself, or he was not at his best because of this or that reason.

In this case it's because of unforeseen troubles, so you can emphasise and most of all understand first of all what would have been a major reason a fighter will have lost the match, and not performed to his best, to call someone a bum,i think in boxing, we are too quick to write fighters off bums,after we lost Dadashev, we have to realise these people put their lives on the line, ok they choose this path, but we can atlas show them respect, even if they aren't as good as very few at the top,we should respect fighters who aren't very good actually a lott,because of the fact they receive the most damage and get hit the most, not for their ability but what they leave in the ring, we could atlas start not calling them bums,it's bad enough they get their @ss kicked for almost no money,
            and Luke Campbell isn't a bad fighter or a fighter with no talent, he's actually a very good fighter that hopefully can reach his full potential now

Comment

Categorizing Campbell as a bum would be fcuking ridiculous! The man is a quality fighter and regardless of the two losses, he will be competitive against Lomachenko. Not only is he the bigger man with a longer reach but his ring IQ is high. That said, I still think Loma is a once-in-a-generation fighter who will beat Campbell.

Comment

Campbell will put on a respectable performance against Loma.

Comment

Hes a good boxer and he's gonna be way bigger than Loma in there so you never know but I expect a UD for Loma like 8-4 or 9-3 type.

Comment

Both Linares and Campbell suck imo. Suck as in not elite. They’re okay fighters, but not elite. Versus the elite, they suck. Linares is very good against other C class fighters and okay fighters. Campbell I admit idk too much about him other than his lacking resume.

Comment

Well plenty of people think this, comments on youtube but also some on this forum,
                      He lost to Linares but as i said his father died a couple weeks before the fight, people don't factor things in like this, they think,oo he lost to linares,he's a bum,wich in my opinion they are very wrong, he's not the best fighter in the world, but i think he's a lot better then they are giving him credit for
                      Those people are casuals who seem to think 1 loss = bum status. I have seen on a number of occasions even on here people mocking Linares and suggesting that he is an average fighter at best, these people should be ignored honestly.

You do have to understand though that the reason he isn't given much chance in this particular fight is because he is fighting Loma, not a slight on Campbell it's just that Loma is such a great fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X