Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

people who write off Luke Campbell with Linares performance, need to understand this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people who write off Luke Campbell with Linares performance, need to understand this

I'm not saying he's the best fighter alive but he's a gold medalist and better then people give him credit for, acting like he's a bum.

I don't know if most people are aware of this but not long before the Linares fight,1 or 2 weeks before i believe,he lost his father's mentally he wasn't at his best, let's be real no one would be, that's hard losing your father,he still performed pretty decent all things considered, maybe he lost because of this, but he chose to fight,`teofimo also has problems now and blames his last performance due to family issues and will not fight until he feels the situation is improved.

But performances can suffer under difficult situations and circumstances in a fighter's personal life,i'm not making a case that Campbell would be his best win ever if he wins, but i think he's a lot better then the people who re saying he's a bum and it will be easy work

Campbell is a good fighter and there is no shame in losing to Linares who is a very good fighter, but Loma is a great fighter. It's about levels, I dont think anyone thinks Campbell is a bum, it's just that Loma is so much better

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
      I'm not saying he's the best fighter alive but he's a gold medalist and better then people give him credit for, acting like he's a bum.

I don't know if most people are aware of this but not long before the Linares fight,1 or 2 weeks before i believe,he lost his father's mentally he wasn't at his best, let's be real no one would be, that's hard losing your father,he still performed pretty decent all things considered, maybe he lost because of this, but he chose to fight,`teofimo also has problems now and blames his last performance due to family issues and will not fight until he feels the situation is improved.

But performances can suffer under difficult situations and circumstances in a fighter's personal life,i'm not making a case that Campbell would be his best win ever if he wins, but i think he's a lot better then the people who re saying he's a bum and it will be easy work

mmm. I'd missed that one. Course it's impossible to say how much it effected his performance against Linares or whether it made a difference at all but it is worth bearing in mind if you think Luke found his ceiling in that fight.

And Campbell is a quality fighter regardless of what some folk on here say - I'd absolutely fancy his chances against the likes of Pedraza or Commey for instance... but I can only see him getting dismantled by Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

mmm. I'd missed that one. Course it's impossible to say how much it effected his performance against Linares or whether it made a difference at all but it is worth bearing in mind if you think Luke found his ceiling in that fight.

And Campbell is a quality fighter regardless of what some folk on here say - I'd absolutely fancy his chances against the likes of Pedraza or Commey for instance... but I can only see him getting dismantled by Lomachenko.
        Another thing about Luke that most people don't know, he is regarded as the amateur boxer the Uk's has ever produced, there was a time people thought he would be what Joshua know is, back then he even participated in dancing with the stars, but i heard he had some problems in his life, and he didn't reach his potential because of it early in his career, then better but the Linares and his fatherland know he's better then ever, he has his life in order and is his boxing is showing itches' doing better, sure we all expect Loma to win, the point is, that it probably won't be as easy as people say, walk over black black black,he's a lot bigger then Loma,reach,he's supposed to be technically good, and he's the best now he's been as a promos it won't be the same Campbell who fought Linares,and he still did pretty decent there, coming on strong in the ends think people are very quick to name everyone a bum who has a bad performance or is not a big name, but i think he will be a good win for Loma if he gets the job done

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
          Campbell is a good fighter and there is no shame in losing to Linares who is a very good fighter, but Loma is a great fighter. It's about levels, I dont think anyone thinks Campbell is a bum, it's just that Loma is so much better
          Well plenty of people think this, comments on youtube but also some on this forum,
          He lost to Linares but as i said his father died a couple weeks before the fight, people don't factor things in like this, they think,oo he lost to linares,he's a bum,wich in my opinion they are very wrong, he's not the best fighter in the world, but i think he's a lot better then they are giving him credit for

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

are your roots from chechnya?

Comment

I rate Campbell

His two losses have come after serious problems in his life. He had some real problems in the build up
              to the Mendy fight with his team and then losing his old man just before the Linares fight

Not that people should make excuses but he’s one fighter that has legitimate reasons

The guy is a very good boxer, rangey for the weight and can crack with his back hand. He’s very underrated because his career never really gained momentum and he become a forgotten man at times but far more talented than pretty much any other British fighter around.

I think Loma will probably be too good but a fully focused Campbell might arguably beat any other lightweight on his day.

Comment

campbell actually made it tough and close fight with linares in the end. he was doing well down the stretch after getting battered a bit early on

Comment

Campbell is good, and my third favorite fighter from the 2012 Olympics. I'm hoping that his height and range will give Lomachenko some issues. Excited for this fight

And I agree. I can't even imagine my Dad dying at this point in my life. I would likely be suicidal much less fighting in a ****ing boxing match. **** boxing at that point
                  Last edited by TheIronMike; 07-27-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I came away impressed by him against Linares, I didn't think too much of the loss. At the time, Linares himself was in the middle of a run that helped to revitalize his career. I remember thinking that he was probably facing one of the better versions of Linares there had ever been, who was back on HBO trying to salvage his name on the big stage again.

Comment

Working...
                    X