Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vlasov: It's Do or Die With Glowacki in WBSS, I Need To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Vlasov: It's Do or Die With Glowacki in WBSS, I Need To Win

Poland's Krzysztof Glowacki and Russia's Maksim Vlasov have studied each other thoroughly before their Ali Trophy Cruiserweight Quarter-Final November 10 at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Glowacki hits hard and is tough, I favour him.

Comment

Vlasov is winning by split Decision

Both guys will go down in this fight but I wouldn't be surprised if Vlasov got stopped

Comment

Go Krzysztof Glowacki!!!

Comment

Vlasov is peaking, he beats Glowacki

Comment

I remember seeing Vlasov against Chilemba, can't believe that was 7 years ago though. Christ I'm getting old. Anyway, Vlasov didn't seem to have alot of power or answers for Chilemba's tricky ways. A lot can happen in 7 years but I will go with Glowacki. I remember his fights with Huck and Cunningham, he may not be as technically sound as Maksim he brought agression, power and chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
              Glowacki hits hard and is tough, I favour him.
              Totally with you. Glowacki could win this thing. Had to actually go find some highlights of Vlasov, never seen him fight. He has some skill. But I will stick with what I know. Glowacki can slug.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                I remember seeing Vlasov against Chilemba, can't believe that was 7 years ago though. Christ I'm getting old. Anyway, Vlasov didn't seem to have alot of power or answers for Chilemba's tricky ways. A lot can happen in 7 years but I will go with Glowacki. I remember his fights with Huck and Cunningham, he may not be as technically sound as Maksim he brought agression, power and chin.
                I was talking with a friend about Lennox Lewis, and how he pulled out that fight against Vitali Klitschko to close out his career. Looked it up, that was stinking 2003.

Just. Felt. Ancient.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                  Chilemba's a tricky mfer for sure - underated by most I think and been the victim of one or two hometown decisions, but he's also pumped the the brakes on one or two promising young careers (I remember being high on Vasily Lepikhin for a while). But I do seem to remember Vlasov dropping Chilemba, maybe even twice, even though he had no answer for Isaacs slippery spoiling style - I wasn't watching boxing much back in 2011 but I've researched plenty since... anyways. So I think Vlasov has the power, and Glowacki ain't gonna bring the kind of tricks that Chilemba has, dude's a tough scrapper but he ain't that hard to hit. Furthermore I think Vlasov's looked a lot better at cruiser with that long frame, though admittedly it's hard to tell with the competition he's fought.

Could go either way but I got Vlasov edging it on a close decision.

EDIT: Better damn had, I'm just a few points off the top spot on this years' Pick 'em and this is one of the few fights we got left this year where everyone ain't gonna be picking the same guy...
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-08-2018, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Going for the Polish guy just because of what Russia has done to Poland

Comment

Working...
                    X