Comments Thread For: Vasyl Lomachenko Punishes and Stops Jason Sosa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    Shots fired and returned

PLEASE. What a great, great fight that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
      I want to see Gervonta Davis vs. this guy.
      Be careful what you wish for. Gervonta Davis would be humiliated. They are worlds apart.

Comment

Lomachenko needs to avenge his loss before ball-buster retires.

Comment

Fell asleep before the card started, but it seems like Loma put on a clinic.

Comment

GIFS: Lomachenko vs. Sosa

Dont look at tha hands watch da footwork da footwork! pivoting 90° #levels! you haven't gone through the initiations to master this science! back to watching HL's on YT rookie! we do it in SLOWMOTION all day baby!

Last edited by 1hourRun; 04-09-2017, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              Your eyes are lying to you. Mikey is bigger, stronger, hits harder. And even though he's not as flashy, he's just as good a boxer with the same level of ring IQ. He has a good, well timed jab. He also understands distance. His timing is also second to none. Lomachenko provides too many counter opportunities. Mikey would ice him.
              Garcia shines against come-forward type fighters, but if someone has some speed and movement, he takes too much time to think, so his output suffers. Its possible that vs Lomachenko, Garcia just never gets going throughout the entire fight. It might not be a beatdown, but Garcia would likely get outpointed. Linares will be the real test for Garcia to see how he deals with speed and movement, and if he can tune in enough to take Linares out - that's the fight I want to see before really knowing for sure that Garcia is the real deal (I think he is - but a Linares fight would either prove it or expose something).

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
                When did I say he wasn't technical???????????????? Point that out to me!! I said how can he be P4P over Crawford, Thurman, Ward, Spence, Rigo etc.. when he only has 14 fights and has a loss to Salido. He has zero argument for that claim. Salido already took his lunch money.
                Well, there goes all your credibility

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  I don't agree with you 100%. But I did think it was kinda funny tonight when Max was attempting to excuse the Salido loss. And stated Salido outweighed Lomachenko by at least 10lbs. That was funny to me because Max is super critical of Floyd. Yet Floyd fought a lot of guys that outweighed him 15lbs+ on fight night. And Max is critical of several of those fights. Yet none of those guys had double digit loses.

I don't give Lomachenko as much of a pass on that as his hardcore supporters. I think it had less to do with weight and Salido's roughhouse Tactics. And more to do with Lomachenko not being seasoned enough to adjust and handle it at the time. Moving fighters early in their careers is a long, boring, and sometimes nauseating process. And often times sees prospects fighting guys that were nearly as good as the guys they fought in the amateurs. Especially the ones that competed at the international level. But that process is there for a reason And I think Lomachenko bit off too much too soon. I also believe that a more seasoned version of Lomachenko would destroy a more shopworn version of Salido now.
                  For all his talents, the one thing Loma didn't know anything about in the Salido fight was how to pace himself over a 12 round title fight.

Ignoring that Salido came in over 2lbs heavy at the weigh-in, and the ref ignored countless low blows, if you rewatch the Salido/Loma fight now you notice how slowly Loma starts - he gives up a lot of early rounds before really getting going, and ends up looking like a fresh puppy at the end of 12. He basically got the pacing wrong. In all subsequent fights he goes in to top gear many rounds earlier, as now he knows he can without gassing.

A mistake he'll make again ? Doubt it.

Another thing that happened in the Salido fight was Loma's tentativeness in the early rounds meant he got caught with some clean shots from Salido. Loma was trying to fight a different style believing he needed to to go the 12, but he got it wrong. Boxing outside his natural style weakened his defence, plus it ended up he didn't need to - mistake made, lesson learned.

Comment

Last night reminded me of Zab "Super"Judah vs. "Irish" Micky Ward in 1998! Masterful performance! If Lomachenko beats Orlando Salido, Mikey Garcia, Jorge Linares, and Terence Crawford, he will be an ATG!

Comment

you just compared Paq to a technical master in Lomachenko...YDKSAB

Comment

Working...
                      X