Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Nicholas Walters Loses A lot of Credibility, But...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Nicholas Walters Loses A lot of Credibility, But...

From the moment the fight was signed, former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. felt it was a huge mistake for Nicholas Walters to challenge someone like Vasyl Lomachenko after coming off a near one-year layoff.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Alright rjjr if that is rjjrs angle then walters.should do a.rematch with the stipulation that he wont chicken out this time around.....like one of lomas previous victims said he would defeat loma 99 out of 100 times........and roy jones jr...... needs to fight The Executioner....I know RJJR and The Executioner are true warriors and the two wont pull a no mas......I would watch this fight even if it was on a ppv co main event.....that 2nd fight between rjjr and The Executioner was great......

Comment

They would be crazy to blackball walters after this..

Him vs salido, Martinez, gamboa would all be entertaining fights

Comment

TBH If I was Walters I would have at least pulled a Pacquiao and said I injured myself in the 2nd rd or something and try to save some face but the way he went out was dam near career ending...

Comment

I don't look at it as career ending, but like some have said, the promoter (Arum) should keep all of his fighters active. No reason for this skroo-up to have happened in the first place.

This is just like Dawson. Never can tell him anything, he knows it all apparently. Then Dawson says no problem doing 168, promptly gets owned by Ward. Too ****** to tell Ward to come up to 175. No of course not. He's Dawson, knower of all that is known and unknown, the mighty Chad Dawson. Well, we see how that worked out now didn't we?

Same thing here with Walters. Oh yeah, only HE can fight Loma after a year out the ring. Geez, I knew this was bogus from the signing. Only chance he had was his power, and it turns out he couldn't even land that. Sometimes, fighter management needs to step in and say, no we will not do this your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
            Postol fought Crawford after nearly a year of inactivity.

Arum should keep all his fighters active at least twice, preferably three times a year.

Inactivity ruins a fighter. Arum doesn't care in the slightest about their well-being, he just exploits them. But he can't take all his millions to hell with him when he dies.
            walters could have taken the loma fight earlier in the year not that it would have mattered in his case.no excuses for walters

Comment

I agree, have some shame at least fake an injury(typical hand or shoulder or cramps in his @ss) but damn just quit like a bish, definitely career ending.

Comment

walters can have 10 tuneup fights it's still the same result. he went out like a coward..period. I've never seen anything like it in boxing history. he quits simply because he was getting clowned on, then immediately runs over to loma who's celebrating standing on the ropes to hug him and suck him off.. I don't ever wanna see or hear from Walters ever again..zero interest in his career, cut him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  They would be crazy to blackball walters after this..

Him vs salido, Martinez, gamboa would all be entertaining fights
                  they blackballed him before this...all those fights could have happened before this fight..ijs..his promoter quit on him before he quit on his promoter..i'm fine with it...342 days and u fight loma..i dont think he should have to tell us pre-fight that it is a problem..WE ALREADY KNOW IT IS

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                    walters can have 10 tuneup fights it's still the same result. he went out like a coward..period. I've never seen anything like it in boxing history. he quits simply because he was getting clowned on, then immediately runs over to loma who's celebrating standing on the ropes to hug him and suck him off.. I don't ever wanna see or hear from Walters ever again..zero interest in his career, cut him off.
                    I wonder if bob arum thinks the same..not even giving him a1% of the number ten tell me he prolly doesnt...

where was your interest 342 days ago??
                    cut yourself off...

Comment

Working...
                    X