No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter-Broner Draws Nearly 2.4 Million Viewers On NBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
    People? or just you? Why are they're no power punchers selling any ppv's and a "boxer" sells the most ppv's. Cause "people" love TALENT and the #'s show it.
    There is really only two guys who actually sell PPV's. And one of them is an offensive minded fighter. When you look at the highest rated fights of the year there's clearly a bias towards offensive minded guys like Cotto, Thurman, GGG, Danny Garcia, Canelo, hell even Wladimir Klitschko and Deontay Wilder had really good ratings this year. All of those guys are big punchers.

There's clearly a demand for guys who can punch, Mayweather is more of the exception than the rule.

Comment

In America selling boxing is not EASY! The sport In General has fallen SO FAR in American that it is going to be hard to get it back up. Casuals only Care about Mayweather and Pacquiao and since they fought, now boxing goes back down a bit and will have to work its way back up

2.4 for a boxing event is not bad by any stretch but that is a drop up from previous events on NBC. Maybe Golf did take some viewers away. Boxing is not in position to competition with any other sport right now, it is just not that popular enough to go head to head with even GOLF

But I know I enjoyed the event. Also watched some Ward and watched Lemiux and N'Dam so for me as a BOXING FAN, I had a Great Night Yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
        Poor for sports? Then explain why GOLF on FOX brought in over 4 million viewers against PBC?

Yup... boxing was knocked on it's ass by GOLF.
        Better question is why are you seemingly happy about this? Don't you suppose to be happy if the sport does well?

"Boxing fan"

Comment

The early PBC shows while not great ratings were higher then the ratings the shows are getting now. The reason is clear. PBC was something new and they went on a media blitz spending 10s of millions on promotion. So casual fans tuned in to see what it was about. And they were no impressed and that's why they have not come back and each show the ratings have dropped. This is a very bad sign for PBC. Look at the over inflated purses these guys are getting to fight on PBC. plus they have to pay the networks for the time slot. They had little to no Comercial advertisers when they started and with TV ratings going down what advertiser would be dumb enough to invest now? I just don't see how this is going to work long term each show PBC is losing millions of dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
            Poor for sports? Then explain why GOLF on FOX brought in over 4 million viewers against PBC?

Yup... boxing was knocked on it's ass by GOLF.
            Yeah, arguably the best young US player since Tiger in the running for another Major along with Jason Day battling vertigo to get into a tie for the lead. Why would any sport fan tune in to see that?

I tell ya, you anti-PBC folks are on some other next level isht.

Comment

my question is how do they know how many people are watching? i know alot of random people that watched the fight and we had 2 tv showing pbc at my crib and 2 more showing the fox sports and bet cards. so how would they know how many fights i had showing at my house

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                Better question is why are you seemingly happy about this? Don't you suppose to be happy if the sport does well?

"Boxing fan"
                I don't even know why people waste time replying to that guy he is Super ****** and is clearly not a boxing fans, he is just a GGG Fan

Comment

Also PBC struggled selling tickets and filling the arena in vegas. Question is why the hell was this fight in vegas. Both fighters are from Ohio and you have NBA finals going on on Cleveland. Why not book the arena the Cavs play in for this fight. Piggy back on some of the Cavs momentum and pub. No doubts Cleveland would of shown up and filled that arena for two Ohio local kids. No reason to put this in Vegas where the crowd was empty and quiet most of the night.

Comment

Everyone is talking about the drop off from their 1 big rating, that was the anomaly. The ratings have been like 1.0 for the most part, that's what they were averaging. If anything, it's showing boxing has actually seen more a boost from May/Pac than we think. Since then Canelo, Cotto, GGG and now this fight have all seen really big numbers. If I'm not mistaken, is this the first primetime NBC card since the May/Pac fight? The rest have been mid-day, but I'm not really worried about the drop-off.

The XFL (not NFL) had a huge number and never went up again, this started big, dropped off quickly but I think PBC has shown it might be gaining some traction. 2.4 isn't a great rating but this was a non-title fight, essentially I look at it like a regular season game if you will, for the NBA. This got a regular NBA game rating between some good but not great teams. Memphis vs Portland probably wouldn't even get a 2.4 to be honest it was the same matchup really. I can assure you if they put Cotto/Canelo on PBC it would get at least a 5 rating if Thurman/Guerrero got 4.2. It'd blow it out of the water to be honest at least double it in all reality.

Comment

The problem with PBC business model, is PBC will never be seen as the NFL or UFC.

Boxing has always been about the star, not who's promoting it, the PBC brand doesn't mean anything to 99.9% of the world.

Boxing is, and always will be, about the stars. Haymon wants PBC to become synonymous with top notch boxing, but its just not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X