No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter-Broner Draws Nearly 2.4 Million Viewers On NBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Porter-Broner Draws Nearly 2.4 Million Viewers On NBC

One conspiracy theory on Floyd Mayweather's massive drawing power is that a large portion of his 'fan' base actually tunes in hoping to see him lose. To a lesser a degree, a similar belief surrounded that of his 'baby brother' Adrien Broner.

That theory didn't exactly hold true on Saturday night, ironically in a fight where he did in fact lose. The former three-division champion was outclassed by Shawn Porter over the course of their 12-round bout Saturday evening in Las Vegas, which drew just shy of 2.4 million viewers while airing live on NBC. [Click Here To Read More]

That is some strong viewing numbers. I hope Shawn Porter gets better opportunities in the near future.

Comment

Horrible fight, great numbers

Broner is the draw like it or not

Comment

Don't the numbers usually come out on Monday? That seems kinda low

Comment

I'm glad the fight drew a lot of viewers. Too bad it was an ugly fight though. Broner always gets beat up in front of a large audience.

Comment

Great numbers but Broner's stock is gonna plummet after his performance

Comment

Idk if this is good or not. I remember Garcia vs Peterson and Thurman vs Guerrero did better. I thought this will overthrow those but it seems like it didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                Great numbers but Broner's stock is gonna plummet after his performance
                He'll still be a draw, his stock fell after Maidana

He'll fight 3 tune ups and then they will throw him in the ring with a live dog and he'll lose again

the cycle continues

Comment

These are not great numbers, WTF? They're kinda poor for prime time, and a significant drop for PBC, as the article points out

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                    That is some strong viewing numbers. I hope Shawn Porter gets better opportunities in the near future.
                    Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    Horrible fight, great numbers

Broner is the draw like it or not
                    If you read the article, the numbers aren't that good for NBC. Thurman vs Guerrero did 4 million viewers. This did 2.4m, that's quite the drop off. This would be fantastic numbers for HBO, but for primetime NBC they are low.

Comment

Working...
                    X