Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: I Made a Good Statement With Broner Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter swarmed AB as I suspected he would.

Its a good win for him.

I'd like to see him fight Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
      broner seemed unmotivated and couldn't time porter's offense. but he showed what he was capable of in the 12th. ugly fight in which both guys don't have much to be proud of, imo. porter's hyper caveman style is so visually unappealing.
      It's still better than Broner's hold-a-thon.

There's no way Porter Floyd gets made for Sept, it's too late for him now in June. Porter would practically have to get back to training from tomorrow if he's up next for Floyd in Sept.

Comment

Porter gets much respect for training like a true pro and doing the catch weight and still winning the day. I thought his punch resistance may have been lessened by such a strong catchweight, and it seems, I was right. But he still found a way to win. Much respect to Porter.

Comment

If Porter had lost tonight all the "weight experts" would have said he was drained.

Most overused excuse of all time.

Bitter Canelo fans still say Canelo was drained when he fought Mayweather 2 years ago at 152. Yet he we are in 2015 and Canelo just fought at 155. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
            Porter gets much respect for training like a true pro and doing the catch weight and still winning the day. I thought his punch resistance may have been lessened by such a strong catchweight, and it seems, I was right. But he still found a way to win. Much respect to Porter.
            This is probably the first time the guy who demanded the catch weight..ended up losing the fight. Floyd won against Canelo, Cotto against Geale, Pac against Marg, Ward against Dawson etc.

Comment

Proof that Broner isn't a very good fighter in yet another 5hit fight for PBC.
              Last edited by Ravens Fan; 06-21-2015, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Broner has never coped well with pressure. He throws 10 punches a round. That's not enough to keep a swarmer/pressure fighter off of you. He needs to throw more and work on his horrendous inside game

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  I agree, I thought that Porter would struggle and be drained.

But he showed that the right conditioning and attitude pays off.

If you look at how Porter lives and trains and then look at Broner's lifestyle it is no surprise that Porter won the fight.

Comment

Minus the knock down, Porter is the new front runner for the Mayweather bout.

Comment

No you didnt

The fight was a total mess, u smothered ur own work and got dropped in the 12th

Some rounds he didnt even land one clean punch

Broner also shud hang his head in shame, clinched and ran

Tony Weeks did a terrible job

This fight didnt live up to the hype

Comment

Working...
                      X