No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: I Made a Good Statement With Broner Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Porter: I Made a Good Statement With Broner Win

LAS VEGAS - "Showtime" Shawn Porter (26-1-1, 16 KOs) outworked and out-landed Adrien "The Problem" Broner (30-2, 22 KOs) on his way to a unanimous decision victory on Premier Boxing Champions on NBC in front of 8,138 fans at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday night.

In a fight dubbed "The Battle for Ohio", the Akron-born Porter threw 590 punches compared to the 309 thrown by the Cincinnati-native Broner. Porter landed 149 punches compared to 88 from Broner.

Porter relentlessly attacked the defensive-minded Broner with jabs and power shots to the body. Broner tried to slow down Porter by pushing and holding and was eventually deducted a point by referee Tony Weeks in round 11.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good for Porter after putting up a great fight against who I consider a class B fighter. On the other hand, Broner needs to learn how to loose his hand to be more agresive. End of the state.

Comment

Mayweather-Porter

Comment

Originally posted by sako5 View Post
        Mayweather-Porter
        I hope you're joking!
        Porter has the worst style in boxing! Anyone half decent (which broner isn't) could easily expose him.

Comment

He sure made a lot of people happy. The problem has been solved, there is a Santa Claus.

Comment

broner seemed unmotivated and couldn't time porter's offense. but he showed what he was capable of in the 12th. ugly fight in which both guys don't have much to be proud of, imo. porter's hyper caveman style is so visually unappealing.

Comment

"Showing the great power and heart that made him a 3 time paper Chumpion"

Comment

Im still laughing

Comment

You're better than Broner but it was a horrible fight. Please learn to jab your way in.
                  Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Im still laughing
                  Will they still try to ram Broner and his ghost talent down our throats?

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
                    I hope you're joking!
                    Porter has the worst style in boxing! Anyone half decent (which broner isn't) could easily expose him.
                    Yeah I know but I feel that fight coming bro...

Comment

Working...
                    X