No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Matthysse, Provodnikov Final New York Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    I need more redK, so I am going to be a little mischevious here and label this fight..... The-Battle-of-the-Hypejobs

Two different but confrontational styles, both flawed in such a way that will benefit his opponent..... evenly matched..... both warriors..... could be a great fight alright!

I dont care who wins, so Im really looking forward to this fight !
    I love it when people call fighters with awesome records and a fan friendly style hype jobs when they only have a few losses between them hype jobs. You keyboard warriors make so much sense.
    Last edited by krazyn8tive; 04-17-2015, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah, a hype job is someone like Broner who has little to no impressive victories.

I wouldn't call Matthysse or Provodnikov hype jobs at all. They may be limited technically, Provo perhaps moreso than Matty. Still they deliver on exactly the types of things people say about them. They both deliver action packed tough fights win or lose.

Comment

Can't wait for this fight, Provo looks like a happy little kid that just got candy.

Comment

This just might very well be fight of the year. (I have a feeling May/Pac is going to be a stinker).

Comment

Crazy how two nice guys who seem to have such respect for each other will look to beat each other half to death tomorrow night. That an aspect of combat sports nothing else has.

War Matthysse! I think and hope he will put it together and wreck Provo. Tell Ruslan it was only business. I always liked him.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
              I love it when people call fighters with awesome records and a fan friendly style hype jobs when they only have a few losses between them hype jobs. You keyboard warriors make so much sense.
              I like both fighters, and Matthysse is one of my favorites, but they were hypejobs at one point. It's an ugly word and I know people hate it, but it's true of both fighters.

The label hypejob doesn't necessarily mean a fighter sucks. It shouldn't automatically carry that connotation. A hypejob can be a very good fighter who was hyped as ATG.

Comment

Hoping we get Matthysse vs. Crawford to close the year. So I'm obviously pulling for Lucas in this one.

Comment

the fight is at 140 lbs, right? why does he article say this: "In what is sure to be an all-action fight to remember and a treat all fight fans are excited for, Argentina's Lucas "La Maquina" Matthysse (36-3, 34 KOs) will look to reign over a new division at 147 pounds and has picked Ruslan Provodnikov "The Siberian Rocky" (24-3, 17 KOs), the toughest available foe, for the ultimate test."

Comment

Easy work Ruslan. This is going to be the easiest fight of his career. Lucas is going to get annihalated

Comment

Ruslan looks to fcking happy.....he looks like a kid in a toy store......Just think how big Rios/Ruslan would be grinning if they was to fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X