No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roberto Ortiz: I was up at 9, miking clock to recover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Roberto Ortiz: I was up at 9, miking clock to recover

It's impossible these days to get through a night of boxing without a glaring officiating error.

On Saturday, it was Benjy Esteves Jr. who committed the egregious mistake.

Lucas Matthysse dropped Roberto Ortiz with a crushing body shot in Round 2. Ortiz listened to Esteves' count on one knee, visibly in good healthy the entire time as he tried to gain precious seconds to recover, then bounced up at the count of nine. However, Esteves inexplicably counted him out, even though Ortiz beat the count.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I forgot about this entire card but it sounds like Chisora-Scott all over again.

Comment

worst stoppage of the year

Comment

uno....diez

The ref was counting in spanish, so no misunderstanding. Even Lucas said he was up before 10.

Comment

BS, he started to stand up after the ref said nine. He is dumb or he just quit.
          You could tell from Ortiz's face he looked scared of Lucas's power from the very beginning of the fight...

Comment

Not A Poor Stoppage; He Never "Bounced" Up At 9, He Stood Up Wanting OUT!

One second makes no difference, nor does 2 or 3 seconds bonehead Ortiz. You're in the biggest fight of your career, you take a nasty shot to the liver, and by the look on your face going down, you wanted out! You can't BS fans on that one! If you could have gotten up at 7 as opposed to 9, then get up idiot. By the time you resume fighting, you'll be at 15 seconds anyway! If you're fine at 7, then you're fine at 8 seconds; stand up as opposed to leaving it to the referee, who's seen enough knockdowns he knew that when you began to bend and stand up at 9, you wanted out.

Ortiz was slow, tentative, carrying his hands very high to protect himself. There was no going to round 3 when he took that paralyzingly hook to the liver, the same one Bhop stopped Oscar with. Wait till you see the look on Ortiz face going down. Lol!

Comment

That was such a let down. Ortiz was game to fight. It robbed us of a great KO at the very least.

I wouldn't call it the worst stoppage ever. I just don't understand what the hurry was for the ref. This was not a stumbling fighter.

Comment

i called lucas body shot in the original thread

ortiz high guard coupled with his height left his midsection pretty wide open

lucas countered Ortiz right hook perfectly

i watched a pretty ****ty stream, is it true that it was loud when he landed the punch?

Comment

Milking cock to recover is not gonna help him now.

Comment

**** stoppage but I don't feel bad for Ortiz. He shoulda started getting his ass up at 8 if he really wanted to keep on fighting.

Comment

Working...
                    X