Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent To Mayweather: You Work For De La Hoya, B*tch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifty knows Floyd pretty good and I'm sure he's not bull****ting about the stuff he says. Floyd can't read. And until I see a Mayweather fight on ppv that's under Mayweather promotions and not Golden Boy, I don't wanna hear nothing about Floyd being his own boss. He's just like Cotto. Has his own company but always co promotes with the bigger fish in the pond. Top Rank or Golden Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
      Fifty knows Floyd pretty good and I'm sure he's not bull****ting about the stuff he says. Floyd can't read. And until I see a Mayweather fight on ppv that's under Mayweather promotions and not Golden Boy, I don't wanna hear nothing about Floyd being his own boss. He's just like Cotto. Has his own company but always co promotes with the bigger fish in the pond. Top Rank or Golden Boy.
      Of course he's his own boss but his company isn't strong enough to hold a PPV event by itself. Only golden boy and top rank and can do events of that magnitude. 50 cent is in the same boat as Floyd. He is only able to do shows on Friday night fights by himself or his fighters appear on top rank cards. Now 50 cent clearly has a better business mind than Floyd but he's not a big time promoter either. Mayweather Promotions has done a card on Showtime before. Do you think all the other smaller promoters aren't bosses either?

Comment

Someone on here, about a year ago, kept berating me because I said something to the effect that Haymon and Oscar allow Floyd to believe he's truly in charge of his own career and that he calls the shots because Floyd has some REALLY deep-seated insecurities. This poster (really wish I could remember the name) went on and on about how Floyd does call the shots and signs his own checks. Now I noticed those checks were made to Mayweather Promotions and not directly to Floyd. So, I guess from those he pays his entire staff and entourage. But Golden Boy and Haymon are the masterminds that generate his wealth. Floyd, left to his own devices, wouldn't know how to order a pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
          Floyd, left to his own devices, wouldn't know how to order a pizza.
          Haha, it kills me when I read Floyd's fanboys go on and on about Floyd's business acumen. There's a reason haymon takes an absurd % off him. The guy couldn't even open a bottle of water.

Comment

Why is it that these multimillionaires enjoy all that sorcery crap? Harry Potter? wtf is that?

Comment

I don't even like Floyd as a fighter....but I'm glad to see him brushing all of these idiots off saying he can't read. Curtis is looking real pathetic right now...must be mad about Floyd not helping him out in the boxing game. I'm sure he'll be apologizing soon enough and begging to come back in the fold.

Comment

50 is in Floyds head right now.

Comment

I think 50's jibe may have been about Floyd's stutter as opposed to his ability to read. I'd be surprised if he really can't read.

Comment

If I was maidanas team I'd have 50 walk maidana out and come in the ring with him. Anything to throw Floyd off, even a little, is beneficial.

Comment

This has nothing to do with the signature on the check

Since Floyd didn't shut out Maidana last time because of (woman) distractions in his life, notice how 50's trying his best to distract Floyd as his fight is nearer. Why now is 50 so vicious? He wants May to lose since his prizefighter lost

Comment

Working...
                      X