No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia To Mayweather: We'll Take Bet For Everlast MX

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Garcia To Mayweather: We'll Take Bet For Everlast MX

Robert Garcia, trainer for Marcos Maidana (35-4, 31KOs), is willing to accept a wager being offered by Floyd Mayweather Jr. (46-0, 26KOs) - but only under one condition. During their five city press tour for the September 13th rematch, Mayweather dared Maidana to bet his entire purse on the fight.

Garcia, and Maidana, are willing to take the bet - if Mayweather allows the Argentine puncher to wear his favorite Everlast MX gloves. One day prior to their scheduled meeting on May 3rd, Mayweather refused to go forward with the fight until Maidana agreed to use a different style of gloves by Everlast.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That sounds like a reasonable offer! Do you guys believe floyd should take it? And will he take it?

Comment

Garcia needs to STFU. No matter matter how you feel about the glove issue. And I for one don't care either way. But Maidana isn't gonna be allowed to wear the MX gloves. Garcia needs to stop putting the thought in his fighter's head that the gloves are a major deal. Floyd knows he can't get in Chino's head. But he has completely gotten under Garcia's skin and I don't think that's a good thing for Chino's already slim chances.

Comment

Team Maidana is startinh to sound desperate.. gloves that have no padding, and bet my 32mil purse against your 1.5mil purse - no logic, just desperado talk

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          Garcia needs to STFU. No matter matter how you feel about the glove issue. And I for one don't care either way. But Maidana isn't gonna be allowed to wear the MX gloves. Garcia needs to stop putting the thought in his fighter's head that the gloves are a major deal. Floyd knows he can't get in Chino's head. But he has completely gotten under Garcia's skin and I don't think that's a good thing for Chino's already slim chances.
          I think Garcia has valid points, and he should keep pushing the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
            That sounds like a reasonable offer! Do you guys believe floyd should take it? And will he take it?
            Of course it is, regulation NSAC approved gloves that are used by hundreds of professional boxers.

Mayweather the one who brought up the betting idea and they called him on it. Now he doesnt want to bet because he needs to put maidana is the most uncomfortable gloves possible to put Maidana at a disadvantage and give him yet another advantage.

Comment

What does maidana say? It is his money after all

Comment

If the gloves have no knuckle padding then no deal. That's why boxing commissions need to only allow 1 pair of gloves where both parties have to use the same so this doesn't happen. But they allow cheating all the time. Illegal wraps, no steroid testing, horrible ranking system, they never monitor if water are in the drinks the fighters use during there break in between rounds...

Comment

Bla bla bla... These guys are just hyping up an otherwise not very exciting rematch. I'm definitely not a mayweather fan but the first fight was a clear win for floyd. Maidana didn't really do much that impressed me. He just tried to rough up floyd the whole time while floyd clearly outboxed him. Maidana doesn't deserve a rematch in my book and I don't know what he's going to do different in the rematch. I guess team maidana's only chance is to try to get in floyd's head and get floyd to go toe to toe, but we all know floyd's to smart for that.

Comment

no matter how much of a b 1tch gayweather is if im Madonna and my trainer puts all my money on the line and i lose im knocking his ass out

Comment

Working...
                    X