Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lara Survives Twice To Force Angulo TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you see the back of Angulo's trunks? "Immigration Reform Now!" Lol, looks like the reform bill just got knocked out, just like it will in real life

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
      Wikipedia says that Angulo was living in the US with an expired workers visa. While a year long jail time does seem excessive, I do know that US immigration takes a very strong no-tolerance stance on foreign visitors overstaying their Visas. Basically they don't want foreigners to come into America on a tourist or workers visa, then squat here as illegal residents. Angulo is a perfect example of that. It makes sense, but the punishment does not. 12 months in prison seems excessive especially when the taxpayers have to foot the bill.
      He was in a Immigration Detention Center...and he was in their for 6-7 months. I believe Angulo was caught crossing the border right after he came back from the Olympics.

He got a Working Visa once he signed with Gary Shaw. He wasn't eligible for a working visa but yet he got one. Once that visa expired, it was hard to renew it because of his past incident with immigration (Angulo getting caught attempting to cross onto the U.S)

De la Hoya then bought Angulos contract from Gary Shaw. He promoted him in Mexico while on the mean time hired lawyers to work on Angulos immigration issues.

He would have to surrender himself, spend 30-90 days in El centro immigration detention center and walk away a free man with a visa. EASY RIGHT? NOPE! They (ICE) would push back Angulo's hearing month after month just to mess with him.

That's my understanding of Angulo's troubles.

Comment

Hopefully Perros orbital bone isnt actually broken. hope it was just some swelling.

Comment

Sucks for Angulo, looks like had a good chance of getting the stoppage by the 11th round. Thats what happens when you disregard defense.

Comment

I didn't watch the fight but it sounds like Angulo learned to block from Chavez Jr.

Comment

what a ****in quitter! i thought mexicans dont quit? 1rs garcia and now el pero whos next canelo

Comment

Working...
              X