Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Donaire, Narvaez Face To Face in New York

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know when and where the weigh-in is going to be at?

Comment

Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
      That's how it is. It didn't happen so much before because fighters weighed in on the day of the fight. Now, they do it the day before because of health reason. So, that extra day gives them the chance to bulk up. Many fighters do it.

Your boy Cotto has done his whole career. Cotto would weigh in at 140 and on fight night would weigh almost 160 pounds.

They either have to chnage the day of the weigh in, or penalize fighters who weigh more than a certain amount on fight night.

Either way, nothing Nonito is doing is illegal or unfair. Many fighters today add alot of weight after the weigh in.
      Thats not the point!

Cotto did it against guys as heavy as him, he didnt asked for a SFW to come to fight him at 140 and on top of that he would outweighted him by 10 pounds, most fighters rehydrate 10 pounds from the weigh in to fight night, but it is mostly against fighter in their own division that would weight almost the same fight night.
      Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      I bet you Nonito won't come in heavier than 130... 126-8 is my max for him.
      Montiel came in heavier than him at over 130
      I say 130

Comment

Working...
      X