Comments Thread For: Photos: Donaire, Narvaez Face To Face in New York

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Weird how you're not a boxing champion
    lol was being sarcastic(kinda) but in all honesty I could be a boxer if I wanted to, I think i have the physical attributes, but it just takes a certain type of individual to get in there and get punched in the head and face for a living given the risks and possible future consequences as a result(stuttering, facial scarring, Alzheimer). But make no mistake, in whatever sport, there is always someone out there that can beat the best but was never given the opp or just never had the desire, out there somewhere is a regular dude same size that would whoop Mayweather azz easy that hasn't boxed a day in his life, believe that. Just cuz I'm not a "world champ" don't mean I couldn't get in there an completely wipe the floor with Narvaez which im pretty sure I could. My main point is that this guy is too small to beat Donaire no matter how much skills he has because he is limited by his physical ability you can simply look at him and tell he doesn't have no where near the strength of Donaire its almost the equivalent of me 5'7 challenging a 6' athletic dude to a "boxing match" which is totally different from a REAL fight... you'll see what I mean on Saturday.............
    Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 10-20-2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

lol damn both got some dumbo ears on them. . . especially donaire - haha funny looking kid. . .

Comment

the argentinion fighters are on the rise...i used to look at the ring ****zine ranking asking myself who is this omar narvaez guy from argentina who is undefeated,has 18 title defences and why havent i ever heard of this guy or seen him fight?well saturday i get my chance to see him fight an elite fighter,now as far as his chances go,honestly i think he has a good chance he's got some good speed,southpaw,and some decent footspeed,but he gets a little reckless far too much for nonito not to capatilize on it,all in all i think its a pretty good fight for donaire..........my prediction donaire tko in 10!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
          I don't have a problem with Donaire fighting at bantamweight, but why come back 8 months later and take up a fight against super flyweight? doesn't make any sense.
          I also feel that Narvaez has little chance to win; however, you have to understand that fighters don't have the final say in picking their opponents (unless you're Mayweather or Pacquiao; and we all know how carefully Mayweather chooses his). The opponents are put on by the promoters and networks. Top Rank pays Donaire so they are going to put him in against who they want to. It really is that simple. Also, Donaire hasn't fought in a relatively long time. Because of that, Top Rank is not going to jeopardize their investment by putting him in against tough opponent; especially when the money isn't right. This really is a 'stay-busy' fight. The real problem is that it shouldn't be on HBO. 'Stay-busy' fights should not be broadcasted on HBO, but the fact is that they are!!! As a matter of fact, that little clip of Marco Barrera beating the crap out of Paul Ayala that you have there was also a 'stay busy/confidence builder' fight (for Barrera). A few months before that, Barrera had been destroyed by Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
            nonito needs to stop sergio'n/pwill'n these little dudes and move up in weight and face gamboa or juanma.
            Yeah, Nonito should move up to 175 and fight Dawson. Yeah.

Dude, you know nothing about boxing. Very few fighters can move up alot in weight and be succesful.

Oh, and Sergio has been the smaller guy in every middle weight fight he's been in.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Weird how you're not a boxing champion
              Haha, good one.

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
                the argentinion fighters are on the rise...i used to look at the ring ****zine ranking asking myself who is this omar narvaez guy from argentina who is undefeated,has 18 title defences and why havent i ever heard of this guy or seen him fight?well saturday i get my chance to see him fight an elite fighter,now as far as his chances go,honestly i think he has a good chance he's got some good speed,southpaw,and some decent footspeed,but he gets a little reckless far too much for nonito not to capatilize on it,all in all i think its a pretty good fight for donaire..........my prediction donaire tko in 10!!!!
                If you know anything about boxing you'll know that Argentina has had many great champions. Carlos Monzon, Pascual Perez, Loche, Galindez, just to name a few.

It's not surprise that they have guys like Sergio Martinez and Narvaez as champions.

Comment

Yeah how bout Flash go fight at Cruiserweight... You haters keep saying that he should fight at a bigger weight class but have no idea how hard it is to cut 20 lbs to just make weight, it's harder for him to cut that weight and still be at a peak level of performance during fight night..but he does it and still kicks ass... usually fighters are about 15 to 20 pounds heavier unless ur name is Chavez Jr...or if your Money May than ur always at or around your weight class...So if Donaire is 145 and he cut 20 lbs than he would have to fight 125, but it's a slow progression, you can't do that overnight... so you haters stop drink the Haterade and respact a beast in the ring...Speed, footwork, defense and Power...

Comment

I could care less about someones habilities to get skinny and cut weight, when there is so much difference in size and complexion fights ainīt good because fights ainīt fair. This is like bones Jones in the ufc, throwing around everybody like kids... it gets boring.

Comment

hahahahahaha!!

Comment

Working...
                      X