No announcement yet.

"New" Mayweathers chances against Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
    Floyd was getting tagged on the ropes? Since when? Marquez is slower, flat footed and stands right in front of Pacquiao so what are you talking about.

Ortiz was 165 lbs and getting backed up. Pacquiao won't be more than 150. Pacquiao wil be stopped.
    Yeah Floyd was walking down a guy much bigger than he was, and he wasn't getting tagged repeatedly on the ropes. I'm watching the fight again right now, he gets hit with less than 5 or 6 flush shots on the ropes, he effectively rolls with a lot of Ortiz's punches. Floyd wasn't really caught a single time in this fight, nothing that would "hurt" floyd or put him in trouble, watch the fight again for yourself if you want to be truly objective

I don't think this fight looked even remotely hard for Floyd in those 4 rounds, even the commentators were saying Floyd is dominating him, Ortiz is fighting Floyd's fight, Round 4 Floyd started landing repeated combinations and had Ortiz's eye already swollen

This was easy work for Floyd like I called it would be before the fight

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
      Mayweather would beat Pac but stop him? Child, please.
      Im 60 and I got no doubt Floyd will stop Manny , he will break him down and stop him in the late rounds , I dont think Manny can do a thing with Floyd , he is too good everywhere and is bigger , he will stop him Im sure of it .

Comment

Originally posted by 1dcsailor View Post
        What fight were you watching?? Victor was missing like crazy against the ropes. I just watch that part of the fight like 10 times back to back. Ortiz was losing and he got desperate, thus throwing the headbutt. Ortiz was 160 vs a 147 pound Mayweather yet Mayweather was walking him down. If the fight would have went on Mayweather would have stopped him in the later rounds.
        yup. Lampley was biased and swayed the public. I have dled the fight and watched it again. Mayweather impressed me even more. That right hand doesn't miss and he sits down on it from time to time. Floyd has some very good pop with his shots...more than I ever seen from him. His footspeed has slowed but his footwork is as good as ever so it makes no difference.

FLoyd was amazing last ngiht, and if the fight continued he would have broke Ortiz down. Ortiz was running a lot in the fight and it was only a matter of time.

As a mayweather fan I'm actually mad that Floyd won so early, because I feel like he would have put on an amzing beatdown in that second half. Ortiz didn't want to fight.

Comment

floyd too open for a straight left

and ortiz wasnt exploring it

floyd was fighting a right hand fighter on a southpaw stance

floyd will be eating pacs straight left all night while pac already on floyds left side throwing extra 2-3 punch combo

Comment

If he paid off Pacquiao like he did Ortiz then very high.

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post

floyd will be eating pacs straight left all night while pac already on floyds left side throwing extra 2-3 punch combo
              you're on crack...Ortiz didn't land more than one straight left...go watch the fight. Lampley was dead wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by anti_dentite View Post
                If he paid off Pacquiao like he did Ortiz then very high.
                man there are some dumb mother****ers on this site

this is the 2nd "paid him off" poster I've seen, this is getting ridiculous

Comment

Ortiz was never in the same league, I've said it from the start.
                  Floyd looked damn amazing but then again he looked even more amazing because of Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post

LOL your dreaming kid , Floyd dont eat any punches from anybody , Manny could not catch old Mosley , Floyd will school him , 100% school him !!

Comment

Ortiz was on his way to getting stopped and he took the easy way out. Floyd has a way of discouraging fighters by hitting them with pin point precision hard flush shots. pac is no different his punch output is going to decrease and his going to get stop late.

Comment

Working...
                      X